Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA vocal flow causing mixbus to crash
Sad When I try to load Vocal flow plug in with Mixbus 32 c program freezes up and won't continue also can't find it in pro tools !!! I think a solution should be in order or a refund.....I have tried all sorts of ways to try and get it to work with mixbus but can't.....Protools doesn't see it or it is under some squirrely name I can't find !! Anybody out there having this problem or have found the solutions..?
Hi orchestr8 and welcome to the Mixbus forum.
I would advise you to contact AVA support: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com and include some details about the O/S, Mixbus and Vocal Flow version you are running.
Please also note that there was an updated release of Mixbus and 32C released a few days ago.
http://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-9638.html
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-19-2020, 05:30 PM)Dingo Wrote: Hi orchestr8 and welcome to the Mixbus forum.
I would advise you to contact AVA support: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com and include some details about the O/S, Mixbus and Vocal Flow version you are running.
Please also note that there was an updated release of Mixbus and 32C released a few days ago.
http://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-9638.html
Have installed newer version of mixbus 32c.....didn't solve problem....got AVA vocal flow working in Mixbus but it doesn't show up in protools 12.5......even though it is in the right directories. It is not listed anywhere in the effects menu
Very strange, I am running 2019.10 on macOS and have no issue finding any of the AVA range in Pro Tools.
On my system AVA_VF shows up in EQ, Dynamics and multiple other categories.
Have you tried Setup / Preferences / Display Organize Plug-in menus by (Category & Manufacturer) ?
The AVA range shows up under Harrison Consoles.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I sent this into Harrison this morning. We'll see what rolls out of this. I figured it was happening because the found out I was cheating on MB32C with a project in Reaper. Wink

Good Morning,

I'm finding that the latest build of the AVA plugin suite is crashing Reaper and Cakewalk on me.  I have tested both Vocal Flow and the Multiband-Compressor (VST2 and VST3).  The Mastering EQ doesn't seem to be impacted.  In Reaper, the crash occurs on the closing of the UI for both VF and MBC, not at instantiation or in use; In Cakewalk it occurs at instantiation. If I open the plugin using the generic UI in Reaper, I have no issues.  Of course, they work just fine in Mixbus 32C and Ardour 6.  

Reaper Version: 6.15/x64
Cakewalk: 2020.11
Mixbus 32C: 6.2-26
Ardour: 6.3
AVA Build:  Unknown, installer signed on ‎Tuesday, ‎October ‎06, ‎2020 12:15:59 AM
OS is Windows 10 Build 19041 (v2004) with the latest OS patches applied.

Please let me know if I can offer any more details for you.  It's been some time since I demo'ed Vocal Flow and 90% of the time I'm in MixBus32C so I'm not sure how long this has been an issue.  I only open Cakewalk for testing issues like this these days.

Regards,
G. Matthew Sweet
Tech specs: Windows 11, Asus Prime Z790-A, I7-12700K @ 7.7K; Hyper-threading enabled, G.Skill DDR5-5600 64GB RAM, Integrated GPU, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB SSD, Benq 32" 4K Monitor
Mixbus 32C versions: 9.2
(11-19-2020, 07:20 PM)Dingo Wrote: Very strange, I am running 2019.10 on macOS and have no issue finding any of the AVA range in Pro Tools.
On my system AVA_VF shows up in EQ, Dynamics and multiple other categories.
Have you tried Setup / Preferences / Display Organize Plug-in menus by (Category & Manufacturer) ?
The AVA range shows up under Harrison Consoles.
Ava-VF only shows up in audio suite...!!