Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v6.2.70 Update now available
We have published a new version of Mixbus32C, v6.2.70, with several improvements suggested by our eagle-eyed friends and customers!

This software update is free for both "Demo" and "Licensed" users of Mixbus and Mixbus32C.

You can always get the latest version of Mixbus and Mixbus32C software from the Harrison Software Downloads page on our new website:

Harrison Software Downloads Page

Major new features:
  • wav and aiff files may now include session-meta-data tags (using id3v2 tags and wav Info)
  • Fix a minor issue on macOS 11 (Big Sur) - Mixbus and 32C should now be fully compatible with Big Sur

Minor fixes:
  • Open session folder when clicking on status-bar snapshot name
  • Fix some cases of VST3 non-automated state and presets not loading
  • Fix plugin GUI window positioning when using fullscreen detached mixer window
  • Fix artifacts when using "Silence plugins when the transport is stopped"
  • Improve seek performance (skip redundant locates if you are already locating there)
  • Do not crash when importing MIDI files with ambiguous tempo-map (2 tempo changes at the same time)
  • Prevent the rare case of sending a massive amount of MIDI events when "Sound MIDI notes as they are selected in the editor" is enabled.
  • Softube Console1 max send-level should be +15 dB
  • Fix VST3 duplicate listing of some plugins (windows only)
  • Fix potential crash when showing VST2 plugin GUI (Linux only)
Thanks Ben and all at Harrison, Plugin Alliance presets working fine now in VST3 and great news about Big Sur.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Wow that was fast. Well done!
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

Thanks for the quick update. Much work has been done and there is still much to be done.
Part of the problem with the mixer was fixed, but there were still some bugs. The first plug-in insertion and opening also makes the mixer disappear. Re-interacting with the plugin already works fine. Also, if a channel connection is required, the mixer will disappear. I hope this bug will get better with time Smile
https://youtu.be/nSOC8nfhWpw

There are still problems with the GUI of some plug-ins VST3, I think that it is also related somehow to the same mess with the mixer. There is access to the parameters, but it is not visually displayed.
https://youtu.be/goijmdcBzkY
https://youtu.be/t9wwZ3Qxmdk

Another strange behavior, it looks like one output channel is not working properly, the vst3 plugin cannot pan properly. VST2 does it as it should. and VST3 in other DAW works flawlessly.

https://youtu.be/N8OTMDQB-pk

the extra background on the edge of the plug-in is not removed in any way.

Windows 10x64

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When "updating" do I simply download the new version? I started to do that but when I got to the part where it asks if I want to uninstall the old version it panicked. Not sure how to proceed.

Will my license automatically be switched over to the newer one? And will my sessions be preserved?
You can elect to maintain the older version of v6 if you want. If you have a v6 license then it will apply to all v6+ releases.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-21-2020, 06:01 PM)Dingo Wrote: You can elect to maintain the older version of v6 if you want. If you have a v6 license then it will apply to all v6+ releases.

Thanks Dingo,

And the sessions? Will they remain intact?
Is there a plan to notify users of this update via an email announcement?
(11-21-2020, 07:35 PM)Brian Mills Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 06:01 PM)Dingo Wrote: You can elect to maintain the older version of v6 if you want. If you have a v6 license then it will apply to all v6+ releases.

Thanks Dingo,

Within a major release there (should) be no problem...
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(11-22-2020, 12:58 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 07:35 PM)Brian Mills Wrote:
Within a major release there (should) be no problem...
MMM

I did a number of tests creating sessions in 6.1.22 and then opening with v6.2.70.
Everything came across for me. I was using a combo of Harrison, Fab Filter and Waves Plugs.
There was an issue in v6.2.0 which related to presets not appearing, that was addressed in the latest release.