Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Out Options
Do you happen to know which version of Jack you're running? My last version was 1.9.11 (which definitely did include JackRouter) but I think it's up to 1.9.16 now. Somewhere between them, a new development team took over - so I guess it might just be an oversight.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I never had to manually register anything. But I confess my Windows box is still Windows 7 (64pro) and probably stays there. At least until iZotope decide that RX won't run on 7 anymore. Which will be a sad day.
For everything else there's Linux and I dream of RX10 on Linux Smile
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(11-12-2020, 03:08 AM)johne53 Wrote: Do you happen to know which version of Jack you're running? My last version was 1.9.11 (which definitely did include JackRouter) but I think it's up to 1.9.16 now. Somewhere between them, a new development team took over - so I guess it might just be an oversight.

1.9.16 is what is loaded up on my Win 10 box. I did find a link on the Jack Community Network that apparently has a "new" installer.

"Posted on 2020-10-15 by falkTX

A new version of JACK2 has just been released.
You can grab the latest release source code at https://github.com /jackaudio/jack2/releases.

This version of JACK2 brings back binary builds for macOS and Windows.
You can grab the latest pre-built installers at https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2-releases/releases."

I may try that.
The problem is that JackRouter got removed for some reason in Jack v1.9.15. Do you normally route your connections using QJackCtl? That still seems to run okay here - even though JackRouter isn't present any more.
(11-12-2020, 11:24 AM)johne53 Wrote: The problem is that JackRouter got removed for some reason in Jack v1.9.15. Do you normally route your connections using QJackCtl? That still seems to run okay here - even though JackRouter isn't present any more.

Well to be honest, I don't normally route anything in Jack. I'm trying to use it for the first time. Yes, the removal of JackRouter seems to be the sticking point. I'm guessing that Jackrouter was what linked things to the Server. I get an error message that the server could not be found/started/ accessed (something like that).

My hope was to use Jack to be able to overcome the limitation of both Windows and Mixbus whereby only one audio interface is allowed.
(11-12-2020, 11:32 AM)Brian Mills Wrote: I get an error message that the server could not be found/started/ accessed (something like that).

Mixbus only fixed this a couple of days ago (so probably just after the latest version got released Sad )
(11-12-2020, 11:36 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 11:32 AM)Brian Mills Wrote: I get an error message that the server could not be found/started/ accessed (something like that).

Mixbus only fixed this a couple of days ago (so probably just after the latest version got released Sad )

So now if I delete Jack2, and reload it, it might work?
Oops, no... it got fixed in Mixbus so you'll need to wait for the next MB update Sad
(11-13-2020, 03:22 AM)johne53 Wrote: Oops, no... it got fixed in Mixbus so you'll need to wait for the next MB update Sad

Well, that sucks. I guess Jack will just have to wait. In the mean time, I found a work around ( with Ben's help!). I'm sending the master bus to the monitor strip, and out to the broadcast mix. Then I'm hijacking the monitor audio with Voxengo recorder and sending it to the headphone out jack on the computer. Works for now. Tongue
Brian - it looks like an update just got released. Please let us know if it'll let you work with Jack now Cool