Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA Vocal Flow ?
Unfortunately Vocal Flow isn't by far as smooth as the other AVAs, in my experience.
I run Linux (the Ubuntu based Pop!_OS 20.04), and even on my rather new, strong machine Vocal Flow isn't behaving nearly as I'd wish.

When pressing a button, it takes a second or two before something actually happens. There's quite some lag.
The de-esser is what I often try to use, and when pushing the RTA button, I often need to push several times before the RTA turns on, and then it also happens with quite a delay after pushing the button.

On my older machine (2015, dualcore), I tried inserting Vocal Flow as the only plugin on a single track, and it made my project crash.
In fact, I had to delete the plugin in order to reopen the project. It was simply too much to handle.

I don't know if this is a Linux thing, but I end up not using it because the GUI is so laggy, and the whole plugin is such an unsmooth experience.
It's a real pity, as the Vocal Flow really is quite a gem of a plugin. Confused
I've had problems with AVA plugins since I first bought them. ref , lags and crashes. I was using gnome default, shell, standard. After I switched over to another windowmanager these matters dissapeared. I was using tiling managers, first I was on i3-wm, and now I use qtile.

I dont have a clue why it's working now, but if I should guess it have something to do with gtk* libraries.

Hope this will point you in the right direction where it will work for you aswell. Both mixbus and ardour runs alot smoother for me now.