Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VST3 ?
This is really becoming a problem and it's just going to become an even bigger problem. Can we have some official statement about this for everyone Ben? It really has to happen soon. Do you have a plan?

best

g
(07-30-2020, 06:26 AM)songshop Wrote: This is really becoming a problem and it's just going to become an even bigger problem. Can we have some official statement about this for everyone Ben? It really has to happen soon. Do you have a plan?

best

g

+1
Even though most manufacturers provide VST 2 and VST 3 installation of plugins, you just need to install both . for now!
As has been said in a number of other threads, VST3 is on the roadmap.
From my experience Harrison will release that functionality when they think it is ready to ship.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Alternatively they could just stop making Windows versions of Mixbus. Too much hassle. Big Grin
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
[quote='madmaxmiller' pid='52286' dateline='1596195390']
Alternatively they could just stop making Windows versions of Mixbus. Too much hassle. Big Grin
MMM
[/quote

No hassle at all with my pc/Windows 10. I think most of the time it’s the pc. But I agree, working vst 3 is very welcome...
Be Quiet Pure Base 600 - Intel i9 13900K - 64 GB DDR4 - NVIDEA GeForce RTX3060 Ti 8GB Gaming OC - SSD 1 TB 7000 mbps - FLstudio 21 - Studio One 6 Pro - Mixbus 9,2 32C - Tascam US2400 - Focusrite Clarett +8pre - Adam studio monitors - Windows 11 Pro
Even though most manufacturers provide VST 2 and VST 3 installation of plugins, you just need to install both . for now!
[/quote]

Fact is more and more are ONLY releasing vst3 versions now.

Anyone from Harrison care to make a sensible comment?
(07-31-2020, 05:11 PM)songshop Wrote: Fact is more and more are ONLY releasing vst3 versions now.
Couldn't care less.
(07-31-2020, 05:11 PM)songshop Wrote: Anyone from Harrison care to make a sensible comment?
Ask them directly.

The actual quesion was answered over oand over again by Dingo and others: It's in the pipeline and it's ready when it's ready, no matter the amount of foot stomping someone puts up.
MMM

P.S.: other than other companies who release "version 10" or "catalina" on a deadline basis, always prematurely
Linux throughout!

Thing is that Melodyne 5 has more possibilitys than the 4, but they made only a VST3. I can use the VST3 via MetaPlugin (THX to Tassy). Melodyne 5 works but all the functions exept the fader don't work anymore in Mixbuss (EQ - pan etc). I don't have that with Melodyne 4 vst2.
That's why it's so important that Harisson fixed the VST3 problem...
Be Quiet Pure Base 600 - Intel i9 13900K - 64 GB DDR4 - NVIDEA GeForce RTX3060 Ti 8GB Gaming OC - SSD 1 TB 7000 mbps - FLstudio 21 - Studio One 6 Pro - Mixbus 9,2 32C - Tascam US2400 - Focusrite Clarett +8pre - Adam studio monitors - Windows 11 Pro
(08-01-2020, 05:07 AM)Rick Diver Wrote: That's why it's so important that Harisson fixed the VST3 problem...

There is no problem. VST3 has different licensing and of course a different implementation. It is developed at the moment and released when it's ready.
Did you know, Mixbus supports three platforms and there's only one which insists in VST format?

MMM
Linux throughout!

You're such a bore MMM. I will ask any question I like. If you feel to need to aggressively respond with non productive comments or snide remarks, then you're are simply showing your ignorance.

VST3 is a standard. Steinberg has deprecated VST2 2 years ago. MB is the ONLY DAW I know of that doesn't support it. As a client of Harrison I ask again, when is this important addition going to be added? It can be Windows only afaiac. But is should have been supported long ago.

g