Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VST3 ?
OK everyone no need to add any heat to this discussion.
As has been said before... VST3 is in the pipeline and will be released when it's ready.
So can I just say... Hold On, It's Comin'
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
When ridiculed I will defend my position. Thanks for your reply Dingo. I understand its "in the works" however all I want to know is time line. Is it 3 months, 12 months, two years? It is not an unreasonable question. I have quite an investment in VST3 plugs that I simply cannot use.

BTW I used VST2 plugins extensively and reliably in Linux/Ardour from 2006 to 2013 under Red Hat, Gentoo & Arch Linux built using my own kernels. This is not foot stomping, its an adult asking a simple question.
Oh and thanks for the -1 reputation. This place is beginning to feel very unfriendly.
Please can everyone involved here just take a step back for a moment and cool down.
This forum is a place where all of us can freely share opinions and ideas, let's get back to that and focus on the sound.
Cheers
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
What goes around, comes around.
MMM
What does that mean? Are you deliberately trying to antagonise?

Dingo, read my post. It was a freely shared opinion and question. Then this Miller guy comes in with his childish remarks and escalates this into a ridiculous situation. And my reputation gets effected. I am directing all further communication directly with Harrison from now on. Its people like him that make it impossible to have an adult conversation on this forum. I'm sure MMM will come back with some really intelligent reply. I won't see it. Good bye.
(08-03-2020, 10:33 AM)songshop Wrote: What does that mean? Are you deliberately trying to antagonise?

Dingo, read my post. It was a freely shared opinion and question. Then this Miller guy comes in with his childish remarks and escalates this into a ridiculous situation. And my reputation gets effected. I am directing all further communication directly with Harrison from now on. Its people like him that make it impossible to have an adult conversation on this forum. I'm sure MMM will come back with some really intelligent reply. I won't see it. Good bye.

@madmaxmiller
I know you are passionate about Mixbus, but I am also very aware that your somewhat blunt approach can put people off.
It would be preferable if you, and some of the other rusted on members, could exercise a little more diplomacy and discretion in their posts.
If you are really interested in helping Mixbus become the 'go to' DAW for Creating, Editing and Mixing then we need to build the user base, not knock them out.
Please modify your tone, I don't want to get into warning/banning mode.

@songshop
I am sorry that things have come to this.
I understand your frustration, passion and need for VST3, but also understand that not everyone may have the same priority list as you.

Hopefully a bit of time will put this discussion into perspective for everyone and we can get back to focusing on creating the best DAW in the business.
I'm spending too much time here anyway, helping people out (hence a rep count of 67). If it's not within the limits to be annoyed of someone stomping his little foot and insisting in an iformation which won't be given here, well, I have better things to do.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
MMM, there is no doubt you are an invaluable member who gives a lot of time and free advice and I would hate to see that go... you are right, a reputation of 67 does not come from naught... so don't take your bat and ball away... it's OK to be annoyed, but if we could all roll the tops a bit and add a mellow tone it would be far more productive.
This forum has generally been a positive space where all can exchange ideas or advice and I would like to keep it that way Smile
(08-03-2020, 11:34 PM)Dingo Wrote: MMM, there is no doubt you are an invaluable member who gives a lot of time and free advice and I would hate to see that go... you are right, a reputation of 67 does not come from naught... so don't take your bat and ball away... it's OK to be annoyed, but if we could all roll the tops a bit and add a mellow tone it would be far more productive.
This forum has generally been a positive space where all can exchange ideas or advice and I would like to keep it that way Smile

Man Ian, you have a way to win people over Smile
Advice taken.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths