Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Best Program for MIDI?
I was using Reaper for everything before I got Mixbus32C. I still use it in the following scenario:

I get a singer/songwriter demo. I import it into Reaper and then create a tempo map in barely the time it takes to listen through using a keyboard shortcut controlling an SWS extension that allows me to map the tempo as the piece plays. When I'm done the bar markers align with what was played. Then while I still have it open I record edrums to MIDI. I then edit the edrum MIDI and then move over to Mixbus32C.
Obviously, there are a lot of workflows and use cases for "MIDI"...but...I find it really hard to come up with one where the "best" answer isn't Cubase/Nuendo, Logic, or Digital Performer. At least if you're defining it at all by breadth of ability in sequencing of MIDI and hosting of virtual instruments that are triggered BY MIDI. And the last part honestly is why DP has fallen so behind--I've not used recent versions, but they used to be GREAT as a sequencer...lousy as a VI host...
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com