Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Mixbus survive w/o VST3?
(07-06-2020, 05:55 PM)sethwid Wrote: I was a developer, now more project management. The OP doesn't need to be a dev before they get a decent answer, and Devs need to have some idea of when they expect to hit milestones. "On the roadmap" is good, but does that mean by the end of 2020 or sometime 2021, or does the OP get hostility because we actually don't know yet? Totally agree with getting the base solid before implementing something quick and dirty. Just don't forget that users don't have the transparency that the Devs do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Agreed sethwid, there is no need for any heat over this topic.
As to a more defined timeline, firstly I would just point to the fact that Harrison are releasing their AVA range of plugins in VST3 and secondly from my experience they do not put hard and fast times for release dates. Generally when they think it's time to ship they will.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
They are releasing their own plugins in VST3? Interesting! Thanks @Dingo !

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
https://harrisonconsoles.com/site/ava-plugins.html
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Dingo -
Would you please verify?
I've been searching high and low and only see that AVA supports the VST format.
Did the V2 versions of AVA move over to VST3? If so, where did you find that info?

Thanks!!!
Patrick
(07-07-2020, 01:40 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Dingo -
Would you please verify?
I've been searching high and low and only see that AVA supports the VST format.
Did the V2 versions of AVA move over to VST3? If so, where did you find that info?

Thanks!!!
Patrick

VST3 is listed under system requirements, right hand side of the page.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
Correct... However, installation docs show them being installed as .dll files.
VST3 files would be .vst3 suffixed files... right?

Here's some information (from a knowledgeable source):

The [AVA] plugins each have a different version number, but they are roughly all v2.x

The DS and the SC are somewhat newer than the other plugins, and generally use less resources to "draw" themselves among other fixes. The older plugs are being similarly updated and should be published later this summer.

The plugins are published in AudioUnit, VST(2), VST3, and AAX. Hence the name "AVA" (AU, VST, AAX)

Mixbus doesn't currently load VST3, so you'll only see the VST(2) version in Mixbus for windows and linux. In Mac, you'll see a listing for AU and VST(2).

The plugin formats vary in some ways: AU and VST3 provide clearer support for mono/stereo and sidechain io variations, for example.

From the above, I gather that the VST3 versions of AVA plugins are currently being
marketed to users of non-Mixbus DAWs. While this seems a little strange at
first, it does make sense as sales and acceptance of the AVA product line to other
DAW users can help to fund the VST3 loading upgrades to Mixbus. And, seeing the
various videos on YouTube by other DAW users who are reviewing, say, the AVA
LegacyQ, this does seem to support this theory. Either way, VST3 support for
Mixbus is clearly "on the roadmap" and may be closer to implementation that we
suspect.

Hope this helps to clear up this threads main topic.

Cheers!
Patrick