Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus projects opening as REAPER icon (SOLVED)
@max - I must admit I quite like Zorin. Yes I get problems with the screen blanking out but I'm guessing that's because I run it from a memory stick. That'd hopefully go away if I installed it properly... Wink
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(06-30-2020, 05:50 AM)johne53 Wrote: @max - I must admit I quite like Zorin. Yes I get problems with the screen blanking out but I'm guessing that's because I run it from a memory stick. That'd hopefully go away if I installed it properly... Wink

Never heard of it, thanks. Looks ok to me, especially the lite edition, for an old laptop which I could then use as Repetier server (practically a spooler for the 3D printer).

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(06-30-2020, 05:50 AM)johne53 Wrote: @max - I must admit I quite like Zorin. Yes I get problems with the screen blanking out but

Most probably the is Compiz related. The underlying layer which makes the Windows-alike-layer cute.

Maybe that will change if not run from memory.. Could also be that more compiz features will run if installed.

Compiz needs a good video card for its graphics processing

(06-30-2020, 06:56 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Never heard of it, thanks. Looks ok to me, especially the lite edition, for an old laptop which I could then use as Repetier server (practically a spooler for the 3D printer).

MMM

It is just Ubuntu with a Windows look alike layer. I have no positive experience with Windows look alike Linux versions. I done a lot of conversions. Many offices were a mix bag : Win and Linux.

Linux machines were clearly different so it was clear the Linux instructions had to be used. On the look-a-likes something were Windows like tools, and others not.

I gave the users a choice ( Unknown to management ) . Preference shifted to Linux because they always worked, and that meant they got their jobs (reports etc) done.

we had 1200 workplaces : eventually 300 were Linux manages by Frank, and 900 windows machine managed by 10 other staff. We had 220 locations each had a Linux box for logging reporting and control.

back to music
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1