Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus projects opening as REAPER icon (SOLVED)
Just started happening yesterday...I've changed both reaper and Harrison MB .exe to proper icons but now I can only get one or the other to show up on my TASKBAR and they still only open up as REAPER icon projects...?? (the MB still opens in Harrison console) I'm using win 10 with MB 5 for at least a year or more...this is very weird...even re-installed REAPER...Re-installing MB takes a whole lot more tweaking to get it back to normal for me and I'm using it as my Summing Bus so I don't wanna mess with it too much as it is working and looking so well...

Anyone run into this issue?, thx Jeff

THANKS GUYS, A windows update straightened the whole lot out!!
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
(06-27-2020, 09:40 PM)owo Wrote: Just started happening yesterday...I've changed both reaper and Harrison MB .exe to proper icons
Anyone run into this issue?, thx Jeff

Look at file associations in windows
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Interesting problem Jeff (except I don't understand what it is...)

1) Are you saying that the exe files for MB and Reaper were showing the wrong icon?
2) Or that double-clicking a MB session would open Reaper?
3) Or that you can't have MB and Reaper open simultaneously?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
maybe this will be of help : https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/...ociations/

How to put back proper associations ..
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(06-29-2020, 02:30 AM)Frank Wrote: maybe this will be of help : https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/...ociations/

Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
(06-29-2020, 12:07 PM)owo Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 02:30 AM)Frank Wrote: maybe this will be of help : https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/...ociations/

Congrat : true en update also resets the file associations
Frank W. Kooistra

(06-29-2020, 02:05 PM)Frank Wrote: Congrat : true en update also resets the file associations

Makes me puke every time I see it. Latest was the new "Edge" putting itself back as standard browser... sometimes I feel sorry for my customers.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(06-29-2020, 07:01 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Makes me puke every time I see it. Latest was the new "Edge" putting itself back as standard browser... sometimes I feel sorry for my customers.

MMM

Should be delighted. I have been at the dealer supplier side: Frank we love windows, each time there is a update we can send invoices!

We will never upgrade to Linux no licenses to sell, stable as hell an auto upgrade. Full remote management so we do not need to go there. So no invoice for transport.

As a dealer customer : We do not support Linux, but you support VMware? Yes: is not that Linux??

--
Lets hope that now master monopolist will make lots of software and hardware obsolete, more software developers ( aka plugins) will make native Linux versions.

Start your engines : a windows update is in the air

regards

Winter ? no summer
9:10 ? no 8:40
Frank W. Kooistra

Back around 2008 I spent nearly 2 years trying to convert to Linux but I can't say I ever found it to be stable. All together I tried about 15 different distros and the only stable one I ever found was OpenSuse. Yet for some strange reason back then, OpenSuse was widely ridiculed by the Linux community - I think precisely because it "just worked".

These days I use a Linux distro called Zorin which I run occasionally from a memory stick. But even Zorin will randomly reset itself (or make the screen go blank etc) and this happens at least once per day. Say what you like about Microsoft but it's a long time since I had any of that cr*p with Windows...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(06-30-2020, 01:40 AM)Frank Wrote: Start your engines : a windows update is in the air

Haha yes I can't deny to get some jobs through crooked Windows updates etc. Mostly on machines which upgraded from W7.

Now let's wait what happens when Apple changes architecture again in two years - I'm looking forward to all the whinging and moaning - and shelling out the dough nevertheless Big Grin

@johne53 - wow, that's an achievment: not getting any distro to run stable. Apart from that, if you say you don't get crap from Windows anymore, you must also see that your Linux experiments are now 12 years old, too. There was a steep development since.
I'm using Linux exclusively for my personal matters and for my own business since ~1999/2000 and can still count the crashes on the fingers of one hand...

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths