Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to be honest why Im not using Mixbus
Hi guys,

I need to be honest with myself about why Im not using Mixbus32. (I can relate to Tchad BLake is this regard.)

What can I practicaly do to get around my interface issue; I'm obviously missing something fundamental to Mixbus32 operation and I do not want to avoid this visual interface handicap any more.

I usually an on a 4k Lenevo 17" laptop powered by GeForce NVidia...great looking, clear as a bell for nearly all other applications and uses.

I get frustrated as soon as I create or open a new project in Mixbus 32. I squint looking at any channel strip handles and dialogue buttons I need to access. I CANT READ THEM and it puts a chasm between me and the interface. The fonts are tiny, the handles are any sized and I FEEL LIKE IM BLIND! It is so counterintuitive for me that it takes all my creative instincts and hijacks them with visual disconnect and my own frustration.

Portable computing is not optional for me and external monotors of 55" 4k are not my answer. I suspect that blowing up - the handicap features of W10 or Mac -will end up hijacking the computer from every other application - I dont need this in any other app. I just end up buzzing back to my old haunt, Nuendo, editing and then feeling the growing pains of being on the nearly obsolete N6. Seems like it should be fine, but Waves and other plugs randomly crash and fight with Steinberg, as my plugs are current =new features evolve and improvements get rolled out.

Hopefully there is something elemental that I have skipped and I can learn from some kind soul on this forum a simple strategy to overcome this visual disconnect I have. [/font][/size]

I should say that my Lenevo laptop W10 is set to 1920 x 1080.

It has been for years on every computing platform I use.
N6.5, Mixbus32c 5 Rme Fireface USB Fireface Dante W10 Lenevo Flex 5-1570 i7 8550U 15.9g useable Ram 15" screen
Soundmark -

So, do I presume that the text and widget size adjustments that you can specify in
the Preferences section have not been effective? They're a little trick to get just right
but have made a positive improvement for me.

Patrick
For a pleasant use on any laptop I wold recommend the regular Mixbus.
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Patrick,

Thanks for the tip. I was not aware of that deep menu prefrerence. Thank you.

I am trying 120% MIxer Strip Scale and bumping the GUI and Font Scale slightly.

Mark
N6.5, Mixbus32c 5 Rme Fireface USB Fireface Dante W10 Lenevo Flex 5-1570 i7 8550U 15.9g useable Ram 15" screen
(06-22-2020, 08:38 AM)soundmark Wrote: Hi guys,

Hopefully there is something elemental that I have skipped and I can learn from some kind soul on this forum a simple strategy to overcome this visual disconnect I have. [/font][/size]

I should say that my Lenevo laptop W10 is set to 1920 x 1080.

It has been for years on every computing platform I use.

Play with the screen resolution: try the different screen resolution and select 1920 X 1200. In this resolution Mixbus will be OK .

As you say : 4K will be OK at a 55 inch monitor. I do not understand why they make a 4K screen on a 17" monitor.

Kind regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
If you follow up on my earlier post, I made the same complaint.
Then I moved to an iMac 5K.
A lorry also doesn't do well on a sidewalk.
iMac 5K Retina, i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB Flash, Catalina; Harrison Mixbus 32Cv6; Nuendo 10; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; Qcon Pro G2; Genelec 8020A & 7040APM
Frank,

Thank you for the tips. I appreciate it.

Mark

Till,

Thank you for your feedback and letting me peek into your world.

I will investigate your thread...just have to figure out how to be a private investigator. Shouldnt take long.

May I ask what screen seolution your fancy iMac is running while hosting Mixbus 32?

Mark
(06-23-2020, 06:45 AM)soundmark Wrote: May I ask what screen solution your fancy iMac is running while hosting Mixbus 32?

Mark

They say its 5K. Deeper investigations revealed: Its 5K.
5120 x 2880

For a certain plane, it needs a certain length of runway.
iMac 5K Retina, i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB Flash, Catalina; Harrison Mixbus 32Cv6; Nuendo 10; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; Qcon Pro G2; Genelec 8020A & 7040APM
(06-23-2020, 05:05 AM)Till Wrote: If you follow up on my earlier post, I made the same complaint.
Then I moved to an iMac 5K.
A lorry also doesn't do well on a sidewalk.

OOps i have chosen a cheaper solution : Just a 55" 4K TV , it was cheaper than 2 24 inch monitors.

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
You could also try flat interface (not 3D) in the Preferences, this allows for bigger fonts.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92