Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixer as a VI
Is there any way that the mixbus 32C mixer can be used with Cubase?,
probably not I s'poseHuh
I've been on Cubase for a long time and the move across is just too much hassle for me but i love the mixer in mixbus....
please release it as a vst or whatever it needs to be to work with Cubase..Wink

TABig Grin
How would one make an I assume you mean VST plug in, out of a MIXER?

Maybe it would be more helpful to suggest why you still want to work in Cubase. Maybe you'll give them ideas---or learn a different way of doing something in Mixbus.
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
Can you set up your Cubase template so the console is kind of like MixBus? That's what I've done in Studio One. It's not exactly the same but it's functionally close. The delay I have is "which channel strip will I put on the tracks?"
I have about 14 busses built-in and I hide what I don't need when I'm mixing. If I don't do that, I commit to the tracks and export them and work directly in MixBus. I love them both.

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
I think if someone wants to ride a bike it should not be made one out of Ferrari tires. They are two different things.
I used to use Cubase a decade ago. I loved its MIDI editing way.
As my poor memory remembers it had its mixer, tooSmile
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I have never used Cubase but considering the cost/value maybe it doesn't give you what you need. It doesn't give you the mixing capabilities that you need. Maybe you should compose Midi in Cubase, convert to wav (or whatever suits you) and then mix in MB?
I sometimes compose in Ignite by Air, but more often than not I use my Roland Integra 7. I hope you can find a place in the middle that works for you. Maybe time to learn a new process, maybe.
Best Rgards
Alex
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(05-19-2020, 11:33 AM)shadowfax Wrote: Is there any way that the mixbus 32C mixer can be used with Cubase?,
probably not I s'poseHuh
I've been on Cubase for a long time and the move across is just too much hassle for me but i love the mixer in mixbus....
please release it as a vst or whatever it needs to be to work with Cubase..Wink

TABig Grin

Route your Cubase tracks through Mixbus utility buses.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolbox when it comes to computers and DAW's..in fact I'm more likely to be the most blunt toolConfused

Cubase is a super DAW for songwriting..the chord pad facility is awesome and midi editing very easy...I just think that MB is a much better DAW from the sound point of view and I love the mixer..the cubase mixer (for me anyways) is a mess..particularly it's own channel strip.
It's pie in the sky I know but being able to just connect the MB mixer to Cubase and use it instead of the cubase mixer would be amazing (it's just a daft wish really) of course it's probably not possible.

I've tried over various periods of time to get to grips with MB but I just get into a mess and go back to cubase to get a song finished, which is the main thing innit..
so yeah, I'm guilty of being too stupid and can be accused of being lazy I s'pose for not taking the time (which for me would be around a year at least) to learn MB..but, also the chord track is a major thing for me so maybe in the future MB will have a chord track that works like the cubase chord track,
I have S1 and they introduced a chord track but it works in a distinctly different way and in my very humble opinion does not work for songwriting in as good a way as the cubase one...guess I'm gonna be stuck for long while with Cubase..it was just a daft wish guy's...I know I'm not clever enough to learn and use MB...
(05-20-2020, 02:45 AM)shadowfax Wrote: I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolbox when it comes to computers and DAW's..in fact I'm more likely to be the most blunt toolConfused

Haha don't be too hard on yourself.
Here's a video:
https://youtu.be/nJKSImri0vA
It's rather old but you could base on that.
The idea is to create one utility bus in Mixbus for every track in Cubase. Then use Jack to connect the single track outputs with these Mixbus utility bus inputs. Disconnect Cubase from your audio hardware.
Now you are routing your audio through Mixbus, just like with a plugin. You compose and edit in Cubase but use the channels in Mixbus. The only downsides are that you have to create a new bus and connection in Mixbus everytime you add one in Cubase and you have to maintain two sessions per project. Oh and you can export the result only in realtime, by recording the Mixbus output in either DAW.

HTH or ask more questions, happy to help.
MMM

P.S.: if you use tracks instead of utility buses you could record the Cubase tracks when finished and do the final mix in Mixbus only Smile
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
no shame in using more than one DAW.
you can always do all your writing and midi tracking in cubase and then export/import the audio tracks to MB for mixing. Thats how i started to make the transition. - still do my midi in logic pro for now.

Also Universal Audio makes a 32C EQ plugin.
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
Thank you for the feedback guys...Smile