• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO MANY BUGS (resolved)
(05-19-2020, 11:36 PM)kreapster Wrote: They need to get better beta testers

Apply to be one and tell them why.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(05-19-2020, 11:36 PM)kreapster Wrote: I had major deadlines that week and didn't need MB to be falling over so much. It can't handle that many edits, it's not the track count at all. [...] many edits should not be a thing.

FWIW there's a pretty good chance this is a 'Windows thing' rather than an issue with Mixbus. Windows itself places quite strict limits on how many files an application can open simultaneously. If you're working with large sessions you should maybe think about using Linux which doesn't have this problem.

Even on a Windows machine Linux can usually be booted from a memory stick these days. I have a USB memory stick running Mixbus under Zorin OS (it's a Linux distro that's designed to resemble Windows). You'd probably need a Linux guru to set it all up for you and show you how to boot into Linux - but once set up it does work pretty seamlessly.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-20-2020, 04:30 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 11:36 PM)kreapster Wrote: I had major deadlines that week and didn't need MB to be falling over so much. It can't handle that many edits, it's not the track count at all. [...] many edits should not be a thing.

FWIW there's a pretty good chance this is a 'Windows thing' rather than an issue with Mixbus. Windows itself places quite strict limits on how many files an application can open simultaneously. If you're working with large sessions you should maybe think about using Linux which doesn't have this problem.

Even on a Windows machine Linux can usually be booted from a memory stick these days. I have a USB memory stick running Mixbus under Zorin OS (it's a Linux distro that's designed to resemble Windows). You'd probably need a Linux guru to set it all up for you and show you how to boot into Linux - but once set up it does work pretty seamlessly.

This is just ridiculous as a suggestion, the session loads and works after an update, really tired of you all writing bad code and blaming windows. Next time you do you should be just offering a refund and apologizing.
@kreapster: your comment "Next time you do you should be just offering a refund and apologizing" is not helpful because you are talking to other users like yourself. They cannot provide either refunds or apologies.

Harrison employees (like me) are identified with @Harrison in their name.

I'm assuming you are the person who wrote to our support email and we determined that the problem is the 'Rhythm Ferret" feature, splitting the region into many many small regions because it was triggering on too many transients (either due to the settings in the dialog, and/or a bug, I'm not sure which yet).

I'm glad to hear that you are back up & running.

Best,
-Ben