Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO MANY BUGS (resolved)
I've seeen it all!!!!!!!!! ffs man, when is this gonna be ready for market.

Don't even tell me it's my computer and interface, i'm splitting a damn region and getting this "critical error". Another classic BS move it does is import audio at 42.5khz? wtf is this about? and the snap? what the fuck is going on????

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-04-2020, 02:50 AM)kreapster Wrote: I've seeen it all!!!!!!!!! ffs man, when is this gonna be ready for market.

Don't even tell me it's my computer and interface, i'm splitting a damn region and getting this "critical error". Another classic BS move it does is import audio at 42.5khz? wtf is this about? and the snap? what the fuck is going on????

Wow! I haven't seen/known this one ever! The developers will be delighted to see this as it must be rare.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Actually, this was once reported for Ardour (back in the days when MIDI was first being developed) and it was something to do with "Send MMC" and "Use MMC" both being enabled (I think this caused some kind of infinite loop somehow...)

Unfortunately I don't have any MIDI hardware in my system so I don't know how to check them but maybe that'll help.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-04-2020, 06:38 AM)johne53 Wrote: Actually, this was once reported for Ardour (back in the days when MIDI was first being developed) and it was something to do with "Send MMC" and "Use MMC" both being enabled (I think this caused some kind of infinite loop somehow...)

Unfortunately I don't have any MIDI hardware in my system so I don't know how to check them but maybe that'll help.

That makes it even more mysterious: MMC is currently disabled...
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Yeah, consider yourself as a trailblazer. I was among those that got a weird error a couple of years ago that caused MixBus to lockup without the ability to save work. I found a workaround and was delighted to see it addressed in an update and I haven't seen the problem since. I remember I sent support a few emails about it and I always got a response back. I know first hand that it's frustrating, but if you haven't already, email their support, and be tactful and nice.

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(05-04-2020, 02:50 AM)kreapster Wrote: I've seeen it all!!!!!!!!! ffs man, when is this gonna be ready for market.

Maybe ONE bug, but not "so many."

Perhaps you oughta calm the f*** down & address people in a civilized, professional manner.
Byron Dickens.

Mixbus 7. CbB.  HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.
kreapster -

I see that you are running a TON of tracks... In the preferences is a
setting for sessions that use more than 64 tracks. Do you have that checked?
That might have something to do with GUI memory allocation, etc.

Just curious.

Have you tried to write KINDLY to customer service? 99% of those who read these publications are users just like you. Remember that Harrison has an answer for each type of request (And if they don't, they take care of solving it). Maybe they didn't answer you this time because the answer your claim deserves would not be very polite for Harrison's standard.
mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

I can understand and relate to your frustration and do agree with much of what you said lately, I strongly agree that version 6 was premature when it came out and it's still some MIDI stuff that must be fixed before I can use it for everything.

But you need to take a deep breath or take a walk or something before you are writing on the keyboard. When the tone is polite (or should I say not impolite), it eases the conversation and increases the respect of your messages. Smile
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(05-05-2020, 02:54 AM)Jostein Wrote:

I can understand and relate to your frustration and do agree with much of what you said lately, I strongly agree that version 6 was premature when it came out and it's still some MIDI stuff that must be fixed before I can use it for everything.

But you need to take a deep breath or take a walk or something before you are writing on the keyboard. When the tone is polite (or should I say not impolite), it eases the conversation and increases the respect of your messages. Smile

its behaviour is so unpredictable that taking a deep breath is VERY hard to do. I had major deadlines that week and didn't need MB to be falling over so much. It can't handle that many edits, it's not the track count at all. They need to get better beta testers because making too many edits should not be a thing. It's called editor. I apologise for my frantic angry post but that was some real $hit going down. We're human after all.

(05-04-2020, 02:04 PM)PBuryk Wrote: kreapster -

I see that you are running a TON of tracks... In the preferences is a
setting for sessions that use more than 64 tracks. Do you have that checked?
That might have something to do with GUI memory allocation, etc.

Just curious.

yeah mate it's the amount of edits in the session, ridiculous because that needed that many edits. I'm good with track count, it's functioning better than it did in earlier releases.