Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AAF on mixbus?
(11-01-2023, 03:42 AM)johne53 Wrote: Does anyone know of a small ProTools session I can download from somewhere?

I found some downloadable PT sessions on the McDSP site. I assume that McDSP is mostly for Mac users whereas I'm on Windows - but if I try to import the sessions here, the import dialog crashes if I select any of the PT folders:-

So is ProTools format incompatible between Mac and Windows ??
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
@johne53, Protools sessions can be opened either way Mac>Win or Win>Mac.
As an alternative to McDSP try the AVID test session...
If you log into your Avid account, and navigate to My Products / View my products and find the Protools plan (Perpetual etc) click and then go to: Software Download Links & Product Details, scroll down the list and you will find Protools demo session: Pro Tools Demo Session (Low Roar) 1.14 GB this is a well known and working session to test with.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-02-2023, 04:20 PM)Dingo Wrote: As an alternative to McDSP try the AVID test session...
If you log into your Avid account, and navigate to My Products / View my products and find the Protools plan

Thanks @Dingo. I just set up an Avid account and selected the ProTools plan but it now wants to install ProTools for me  Sad

Do you know of anywhere where I can just download an importable PT session - i.e. without needing to install ProTools itself?
@johne53, PM me what type (sample/bit depth / size / # of tracks / edits) of session you want to test and I will create one and ftp it to you.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Dingo. Anything simple would be fine (pref. 48K or 44.1K). I just want to look at the import process to see if the same procedure would be applicable to AAF imports eventually - or even if the same window could be used to select between PT imports and AAF imports.