Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AAF on mixbus?
(06-14-2023, 02:08 AM)johne53 Wrote: Many thanks Adrien. It's looking like Jostein is in fact running Kubuntu so I don't know if a build will work for him now - but hopefully (if he can find some spare time...) he'll be able to give it another try for us. Fingers crossed  Wink

I'm currently buried with work, so it might take a few weeks before I look at it.  :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Thanks Jostein - FWIW I just spent a few minutes here seeing if I could compile new_aaf_session.cc on Windows (using MSVC) but at the moment, some of its header files assume it'll be getting compiled under Linux (and in a couple of places, it's assumed it'll be getting built with gcc). So it's not yet buildable here. Given the right compiler though, it felt like it'd be quite a simple build, once you can set some time aside. Good luck!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(06-14-2023, 09:02 AM)johne53 Wrote: at the moment, some of its header files assume it'll be getting compiled under Linux (and in a couple of places, it's assumed it'll be getting built with gcc). So it's not yet buildable here. 

It's not a fix exactly but overnight I remembered that Microsoft's compiler can now use Clang, as an alternative to MSVC. So this morning I tried another compile, this time using Clang - and it worked!! (with only some minor modifications...)

I can't link the code of course because I'd need a Windows build of LibAAF itself - but it definitely seems more promising now  Cool
Exciting !!!!

This is another example of the power of open-source development, and why Mixbus is fundamentally different from other DAWs out there.

-Ben
Quote:So this morning I tried another compile, this time using Clang - and it worked!! (with only some minor modifications...)

Good news !

FWIW, cross-compilation of libAAF under linux is working well (using mingw32). I still have to run the lib on windows for testing.

On the Ardour's side, things are moving forward
(06-15-2023, 11:24 AM)agfline Wrote: FWIW, cross-compilation of libAAF under linux is working well (using mingw32). I still have to run the lib on windows for testing.

You're welcome to send it to me !
Of course, but I don't think I can send files through PM.
Can you send me your email ?
Done!
(06-16-2023, 02:06 AM)agfline Wrote: Of course, but I don't think I can send files through PM.
Can you send me your email ?

You can send links but not attached files
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Does anyone know of a small ProTools session I can download from somewhere? I'm helping to develop the new AAF importer and I'd like to see how the PT importer works (so we can make them similar...)