Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sidechain function
(07-09-2020, 09:54 PM)KYNNAC Wrote: Do you work at Harrison or something?

Would be one of the very few reasons to move to the US.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Calamity! I've just seen this is gone. Please give us back the bus sidechain!

To say it was lacking, not fit for every situation, is besides the point. That could also be said for the inline compressions (oh for an attack control) and the inline eq. But these are stand out features, right?

The inline compressions, eq and, yes, the bus sidechain are marvelous conveniences that facilitate quick work and experimentation. Often more than adequate for a mix. Why drop such a great usp literally for nothing?

EDTIED TO ADD
I've only just read on another thread that htere is no chance this is coming back. Hadn't seen that before. Great shame.
Yep - agree. Losing this functionality will probably keep me at v5 in perpetuity. I *love* the console feel of Mixbus...this sidechain function really adds to that feel and workflow. It's not an issue of not being able to use other tools - it's an issue of "why lose it". Let's have two cakes instead of giving up one for the other.
Glad I started using Mixbus with version 6.0, it's hard to change old habits. But from my experience setting sidechain in Mixbus is easy with the compressor plugin. I think naturally as if the mixer software was hardware, so workflow is very logical, add compressor, connect external sidechain input etc...
(07-28-2020, 08:22 AM)keefaz Wrote: Glad I started using Mixbus with version 6.0, it's hard to change old habits. But from my experience setting sidechain in Mixbus is easy with the compressor plugin. I think naturally as if the mixer software was hardware, so workflow is very logical, add compressor, connect external sidechain input etc...

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Mixbus forum - if you have time, get some beer and popcorn and read the threads around every major version change.
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(07-28-2020, 08:22 AM)keefaz Wrote: Glad I started using Mixbus with version 6.0, it's hard to change old habits. But from my experience setting sidechain in Mixbus is easy with the compressor plugin. I think naturally as if the mixer software was hardware, so workflow is very logical, add compressor, connect external sidechain input etc...

Exactly why I started using MB in the first place, because it works as if it was the hardware that I have been using for years only better. I have tried other DAWs, I could never wrap my head around any of them (I tried for two years before finding MB). I use it just like an analog set up so everything is logical for my analogue brain.
You should really take MMM's suggestion and run with it, it will be great insight into the forum.Big Grin
Best Regards
Alex
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(07-10-2020, 03:45 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 09:54 PM)KYNNAC Wrote: Do you work at Harrison or something?

Would be one of the very few reasons to move to the US.
MMM

Whatever dude
If you're not adding something substantial
Please maintain on your head or open a blog or something.

This forum is a joke
You ask for an explanation regarding a product you've bought
in order to do everyday work
and there's no official answer

Just the usual forum jesters.
"grab my beer" and "whatever" type of replies
Is this the way that Harrison values its costumers?
Until now, there's no reasonable explanation why this very important feature was removed.
Their only response is not enough. The argument "because we felt like it" is unrespectful towards
many of audio engineers working day-to-day using their software.
You often sell your product saying there's a huge community behind it. Where is it? Where was the community when you solely decided to remove a very important feature like this?
We want a full detailed explanation (from Harrison's actual staff) when the sidechain button will be implemented again.
We don't want only the plugin sidechain. We want more. And you should listen to your costumers when they ask for more.
KYNNAC Wrote:
This forum is a joke
You ask for an explanation regarding a product you've bought
in order to do everyday work
and there's no official answer
[/quote]
This forum is not for official "answers". That has been made clear many times.
Send an email to support or pick up the phone and call them, they answer the phone.
(+1) 615-641-7200
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes