Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA Spectral Compressor makes cubase 10 stop
(08-25-2020, 02:47 PM)grandude1 Wrote: Was there a solution to this problem? Having this issue with ALL AVA plugins in Studio One 4.6.(Didn't upgrade because I'm hearing about multiple plugin issues with the new version 5 plus I'm trying to finish a project!). Plugin loads up fine and is functional but when you close the window it closes along with Studio One closing as well and when you reopen the session of course the plugin is not there. This is a new computer Asus ProArt Creator 10G motherboard with i7 10th gen processor 3.8 ghz(8 cores) and 1 TB SSD with 32GB of ram. I had the same issue with the old machine Dell Inspiron 3847 so it's not likely hardware anyway as all AVA plugins are flawless in Harrison Mixbus 32C on both machines. No other issues with any of the other plugins I own in Studio One. I'm turning in a ticket with Presonus on this issue as well.

Haven't tried for some time, the AVA mastering EQ does work without problem in Cubase. And is one of the best problem solvers in EQ-Land. I should check if the problem still exists with the spectral compressor
Software: Mixbus 5, Mixbus 32C 3, Waves and Harrisson plugins. Cubase 10 Pro.
Hardware: APB Dynasonics Pro desk 4, Allen heath Ice 16, Mindprint envoice, Mindprint T comp.
Laptop Model: Asus GL 5522VW i7 6700 HQ CPU @ 2.6, 16 GB ram, 64 bit Windows 10, GeForce GTX 960M
I'm beginning to wonder if Windows 10 version 2004 is the culprit because before the upgrade only Spectral Compressor would do this - now they all do. No trouble in Pro Tools or Mixbus whatever though it's AAX instead of VST in Pro Tools. No response yet from Presonus. I'm pretty sure they are swamped with version 5 issues.
I have tried the AVA plugins in Reaper with both VST2 and VST3 versions yet the closing of the AVA plugins causes the program to shut down. Studio One will only install the VST3 version if it is available. Why the VST plugins work in Mixbus and nothing else is a mystery to me. Anyone else having this issue??? I'm beginning to regret the decision to buy the Vocal Flow plugin as I can't use it! It's sort of redundant to use it in Mixbus.
@grandude1,
I have been using Vocal Flow in Live and Resolve (VST) plus AAX without issue.
You may want to write to support: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com
Detail your software and hardware setup.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Are you running on Windows 10 version 2004. I see you have a Mac Mini down at the bottom of the post. As I stated earlier it works fine in Pro Tools and Mixbus 32C but not Reaper or Studio One. Same for my laptop. I will contact plugin support. Thanks