Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording VSTi (MIDI)
I cannot reproduce the issue. Although I dont have the vsts you mention I followed your steps with setbfree tonewheel organ by robin gareus. The recording starts after the metronome stops.

Are you sure you are using midi tracks and not midi busses?

I am out of ideas, maybe someone else can help.

@ Tassy if you want to have the matrix of the vst outputs to record them in separate audio tracks you have to go to the pinout and change at the bottom left the automatic label to the number of outputs the vsti gives you. then you can add n (same as the number of channels or whatever number) number of tracks. Afterwards you can go to Winodow->audio connections->Mixbus tracks and you will see something as in the attached image (which is from another vst instrument, not setbfree). I am on the latest Mixbus 5

edit: try recording the performance with the automatic setup of the vsti plugin, change to disk when you are happy with it and then go to pinout, etc....

(06-03-2019, 09:44 AM)dovin2 Wrote: 1) load a new project
2) create 2 midi tracks
3) load Native Instruments Maschine in one midi track
a) Maschine has the drum track/beat I will use for the project
4) load Omnisphere/Kontakt/etc in 2nd Midi track
5) arm 2nd midi track to record
6) goto Transport>record w/count-in...
7) Nothing...

So, to get around this, I create an audio track. I import any audio file to that track. I mute that audio track and voila, I can now record into my midi track. It's like Harrison doesn't recognize the midi track for recording unless there is an accompanying audio track in the project. Please understand that I can PLAY midi/VSTi with NO issues without adding the audio track, I just can't RECORD without adding the audio track.

I use 32c v5

(06-03-2019, 05:43 PM)durutti Wrote: I cannot reproduce the issue. Although I dont have the vsts you mention I followed your steps with setbfree tonewheel organ by robin gareus. The recording starts after the metronome stops.

Are you sure you are using midi tracks and not midi busses?

I am out of ideas, maybe someone else can help.

@ Tassy if you want to have the matrix of the vst outputs to record them in separate audio tracks you have to go to the pinout and change at the bottom left the automatic label to the number of outputs the vsti gives you. then you can add n (same as the number of channels or whatever number) number of tracks. Afterwards you can go to Winodow->audio connections->Mixbus tracks and you will see something as in the attached image (which is from another vst instrument, not setbfree). I am on the latest Mixbus 5

edit: try recording the performance with the automatic setup of the vsti plugin, change to disk when you are happy with it and then go to pinout, etc....

[quote='dovin2' pid='44320' dateline='1559573062']
1) load a new project
2) create 2 midi tracks
3) load Native Instruments Maschine in one midi track
a) Maschine has the drum track/beat I will use for the project
4) load Omnisphere/Kontakt/etc in 2nd Midi track
5) arm 2nd midi track to record
6) goto Transport>record w/count-in...
7) Nothing...

So, to get around this, I create an audio track. I import any audio file to that track. I mute that audio track and voila, I can now record into my midi track. It's like Harrison doesn't recognize the midi track for recording unless there is an accompanying audio track in the project. Please understand that I can PLAY midi/VSTi with NO issues without adding the audio track, I just can't RECORD without adding the audio track.

I use 32c v5

Thanks I thought it is automatic as expected by a DAW, but adding the pins OK ,nevertheless, MB does not send any audio to the tracks. Only one stereo track receives the whole kit. Bug or missing from the program or my lack of knowledge?
tried EZ drummer, MT Power Drumkit (the later worked in MB3) not in MB5

Anyone succeeded in getting these drums work as I would like to?
Harrison?
Win7/64
thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,