Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read only cannot save Error message
Did Anyone ever find a solution for this? It started happening to me again yesterday and unfortunately I'm not able to work.... I'm on V7 since April with no issues...I can copy a project to another location (ie. drive or folders) and still get the same error message.

Thx, Jeff
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
I found this comment in one of the Mixbus source files:-

Quote:/* writable() really reflects the whole folder, but if for any
  reason the session state file can't be written to, still
  make us unwritable.
*/

So maybe it's not the session files which aren't writable but the folder they're in? (or even one of its parent folders?) Or maybe even the drive itself has become write-protected somehow?

If you right-click on the drive icon and select Properties it'll tell you what format the drive's in (most often NTFS). So try your various drives and see if any of them are FAT32. FAT32 tends to be less troublesome so you could try moving the session to a FAT32 drive if you've one available
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I started getting this problem today when i tried to open one of my sessions. I tried to reboot and check the properties of the project files and folders but nothing there indicates that anything is wrong. It is really frustrating since i can't work on my projects for now. I am running Windows 10 and Mixbus 7.1.92 (rev 7.1-92-g3c5af78) Intel 64-bit
Have you got a FAT 32 drive available? (even a USB stick - USB stick's are usually FAT 32)

If so, try moving your session temporarily and see if it'll open from a USB stick.
(10-21-2021, 02:40 AM)johne53 Wrote: Have you got a FAT 32 drive available? (even a USB stick - USB stick's are usually FAT 32)

If so, try moving your session temporarily and see if it'll open from a USB stick.

I have tried that but no matter what i do or try the problem remains the same. Have not been able to use Mixbus for over a week now which is kind of frustrating. Fortunately i am just a hobby user but i recently started a new remix-project which now have been stalled because of these issues.
Can you put the session in a zip file? If you could get it to Harrison somehow, I'm sure they'd take a look at it.

Or even post the zip file here if you can - although I'm not sure if zip is one of the accepted file types ...  Sad
(10-31-2021, 01:38 PM)johne53 Wrote: Can you put the session in a zip file? If you could get it to Harrison somehow, I'm sure they'd take a look at it.

Or even post the zip file here if you can - although I'm not sure if zip is one of the accepted file types ...  Sad

I just created a new test project with some stems from an old Ableton session that i never really finished. But it is small enough to make a zip-file that won't be too big to deal with. So i have created this new Mixbus project today and it has also fallen into the read-only-state that is my main issue with Mixbus at the moment. When i started this project i routed the mixbuses and just did some housekeeping before i quit and tried to open it again which of course failed in the sense that it was only in read-only-state just like all the other projects i have. So feel free to analyze it and see if you can find what might be the problem. Unfortunately i can't post the zip-file here and not even a link to download it. But drop me a mail at peter.menzel@gmail.com and i will send an e-mail with the project-file to anyone who want to give it a go. The zip-file is 273 mb in size so it is manageable compared to my other projects which all are from 1,5 gb and up. This project is only 14 mono channels or 7 stereo channels since the 14 channels are divided in L & R. Thanks in advance and cheers from Sweden!  Smile
An email attachment of 273 Mb would take a HUGE time to download (that's more than a quarter of a gigabyte...)

Do you have anywhere else where you could put the file? A DropBox account? Or OneDrive maybe?
You don't have to send the entire session plus audio, just send the 'session_name.ardour' file to support.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hi Dingo - that's gotta be worth trying but we don't really know what's causing the read-only error. e.g. it might be a problem with the backup file somehow. Ultimately, @notbugs might need to upload his project somewhere where people can download it - but without it needing to be an email attachment.