Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't figure out how to scrub
(04-14-2019, 02:47 PM)MountainCraft Wrote: That's kinda weird considering it was already there..

I'm not sure it ever was. This old Audition feature may just have been another way of accessing the functionality of the shuttle control bar, ie playing the audio forwards or backwards with variable speed. Not real scrubbing like tape moving under the playhead.
Usually doing live sound …
(04-14-2019, 03:36 PM)loderunner Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 02:47 PM)MountainCraft Wrote: That's kinda weird considering it was already there..

I'm not sure it ever was. This old Audition feature may just have been another way of accessing the functionality of the shuttle control bar, ie playing the audio forwards or backwards with variable speed. Not real scrubbing like tape moving under the playhead.

What remains of it in the manual seems to indicate that it was operated by dragging the play head.. and you could set the attenuation level for the feature when doing so...

EDIT: Just went and looked in the manual.. You would click the audition icon, and then drag your mouse in a region.. and whatever direction you dragged your mouse, the clip would be auditioned.. So basically the same thing, only without the play head (actually a better way than most DAWs).. They should put that back in, and keep the new stuff too...
FYI, I just got a Presonus Faderport version 2 (the 2018 model), which is recognized and integrated out of the box by Mixbus, and there's scrubbing implemented on this control surface by using the "<<" and ">>" buttons when in scroll mode. Holding them down speeds up scrubbing and with a little practice you can scrub backwards and forwards efficiently. However I haven't yet found a way to scrub very slowly using the control surface; I can only scrub at real-time speed or faster.

Overall, I find this one-fader Faderport to be a much more useful tool than I expected, and it works well with Mixbus; it's available as one of the control surfaces in Preferences.