Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison AVA Plugins updated to v2.0
@DigiMix: on mac, Mixbus can choose between 4 potential locations/versions of the plugin:

Your system drive, VST and AU plugins:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Your user's folder, VST and AU plugins:
{Mac HD}/Users/{your user name}/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
{Mac HD}/Users/{your user name}/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

My guess is that you installed to the "user" folder sometime in the past, and that is now taking precedence over your system installation.

I suggest that you find all copies of the Harrison AVA plugins in those 4 folders, and then re-install the new package. You might only install VST or AU, if you know that you prefer one format over the other.

Best,
-Ben
The features of 2.0 show up fine on Digital Performer, but I cannot get 2.0 installed on MixBus, though I have installed and reinstalled several times. I contacted MixBus support with no success so far. The AU component is not showing up in the plugins/components subfolder, while the VST component does show up in the components/VST subfolder. Still, the plugin does not show up in my plugins library when I double click on a track. The new features are terrific, and a great step forward for me, so please help me get them installed correctly. I have XT-ME, but the RTA and lightning features of the AVA plugins tops the XT for me. Thanks!

(11-22-2018, 04:29 PM)Phil999 Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 08:13 PM)calimerox Wrote: great update guys!!

I tested the legacy Q and it works very well.

I tested the mastering EQ and somehow it is still the old version (it sais build 20th of june 2018)

although i installed via the installer.... any idea what that could be?

the same here ... with LegacyQ. I guess it is because I moved the v.1 plugin file to my specific VST location after the v.1 installation. Now the v.2 installer didn't deinstall v.1 during the process.

Edit: the installer creates a Steinberg/VSTplugins folder. One may have to locate that folder and copy the new version to the specific plugin folder of one's DAW.
My install did not create a Steinberg/VSTplugins folder, just VST/AVA component. It does not show up in my plugins library. Maybe I need to manually create a Steinberg/VSTplugins folder?
iMac i7 4Ghz | OS X 10.14.6 | 64 GB | Mixbus 8.2.66c & Mixbus 6.1.22| MOTU 828Mk3 Firewire MOTU 828Mk3 192 kHz Hybrid Firewire |"Rock Solid Sound Since 1980" |
(02-22-2019, 03:04 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @DigiMix: on mac, Mixbus can choose between 4 potential locations/versions of the plugin:

My guess is that you installed to the "user" folder sometime in the past, and that is now taking precedence over your system installation.

I suggest that you find all copies of the Harrison AVA plugins in those 4 folders, and then re-install the new package. You might only install VST or AU, if you know that you prefer one format over the other.

Best,
-Ben

Ben,
I found Harrison_AVA-ME.vst in the VST subfolder and AVA-ME.vst3 in the VST3 subfolder; moved them to a folder on the desktop, and reinstalled only VST using the link from the products page. After installation, I cleared the cache and blacklist and rescanned for plugins. No AVA-ME. Then I looked in both the system library and user library for the component with no success. is there another link to the installer?
Thanks!
Jake
iMac i7 4Ghz | OS X 10.14.6 | 64 GB | Mixbus 8.2.66c & Mixbus 6.1.22| MOTU 828Mk3 Firewire MOTU 828Mk3 192 kHz Hybrid Firewire |"Rock Solid Sound Since 1980" |
You can download a demo from Harrison’s main site.
https://harrisonconsoles.com/site/index.html
Down the page RHS is link to download demo of AVA plugs.
As you have a lic it will work fully.
Hope you get it installed this time.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-01-2019, 05:24 PM)DigiMix Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 03:04 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @DigiMix: on mac, Mixbus can choose between 4 potential locations/versions of the plugin:

Best,
-Ben

Ben,
I found Harrison_AVA-ME.vst in the VST subfolder and AVA-ME.vst3 in the VST3 subfolder; moved them to a folder on the desktop, and reinstalled only VST using the link from the products page. After installation, I cleared the cache and blacklist and rescanned for plugins. No AVA-ME. Then I looked in both the system library and user library for the component with no success. is there another link to the installer?
Thanks!
Jake

I now have AVA-DS, AVA-LegacyQ, AVA-MC, and AVA-ME in the system components folder, and it populates as well in the user system components folder; and have AVA-DS, AVA-LegacyQ, AVA-MC, and AVA-ME in the VST subfolder. All plugins except for AVA-ME are visible in the MixBus plugins library, after I have cleared the cache and blacklist, and rescanned for plugins.

(03-01-2019, 07:45 PM)DigiMix Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 05:24 PM)DigiMix Wrote:

Best,
-Ben

Ben,
Thanks!
Jake

I now have AVA-DS, AVA-LegacyQ, AVA-MC, and AVA-ME in the system components folder, and it populates as well in the user system components folder; and have AVA-DS, AVA-LegacyQ, AVA-MC, and AVA-ME in the VST subfolder. All plugins except for AVA-ME are visible in the MixBus plugins library, after I have cleared the cache and blacklist, and rescanned for plugins.

Problem fixed! The AVA-ME was hidden in the MixBus library. This is one cool plugin!