Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assigning multiple sound card inputs to different input channels
(02-02-2019, 01:28 PM)Sthauge Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 11:36 AM)durutti Wrote: can you provide an how to set this up.

No problem.

See my signature for my system details.

Install zita-ajbridge from the repositories.

I have one Zoom L12 that are capable to act as an audio interface AND a recorder(12 channels + 2 master out) simultaneously. This show up in Jack(QjackCtl) advanced setup as hw:L12,0

My Zoom H6(6 channels) audio interface or field recorder shows up in QjackCtl advanced setup as hw:H6,0

I can select only one of them as my audio interface. In this case I use the H6 as primary interface and bridging in the L12.

Here's the main setup tab in QjackCtl:

I will only record in this session so I use the default frames 1024 and periods 4

The advanced tab look like this with the H6 as primary device, remember to define the input and output channels correctly:

In the option tab I put in the command to start Zita bridge after jack have started and it looks like this:

The start command in detail:

zita-a2j -j L12 -d hw:L12,0 -r 48000 -p 512 -n 4 -c 14 &

Where:
-j L12 (my name to the audio interface)
-d hw:L12,0 (reference to the physical ALSA device)
-r 48000 (Sample rate - same as primary device)
-p 512 (frames - should be half of primary audio interface)
-n 4 (periods)
-c 14 & (number of channels)

Start jack and then mixbus. In mixbus you now see this routing grids:

This should be it.

Thank you I will try it
(02-07-2019, 06:05 PM)durutti Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 01:28 PM)Sthauge Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 11:36 AM)durutti Wrote: can you provide an how to set this up.

No problem.

See my signature for my system details.

Install zita-ajbridge from the repositories.

I have one Zoom L12 that are capable to act as an audio interface AND a recorder(12 channels + 2 master out) simultaneously. This show up in Jack(QjackCtl) advanced setup as hw:L12,0

My Zoom H6(6 channels) audio interface or field recorder shows up in QjackCtl advanced setup as hw:H6,0

I can select only one of them as my audio interface. In this case I use the H6 as primary interface and bridging in the L12.

Here's the main setup tab in QjackCtl:

I will only record in this session so I use the default frames 1024 and periods 4

The advanced tab look like this with the H6 as primary device, remember to define the input and output channels correctly:

In the option tab I put in the command to start Zita bridge after jack have started and it looks like this:

The start command in detail:

zita-a2j -j L12 -d hw:L12,0 -r 48000 -p 512 -n 4 -c 14 &

Where:
-j L12 (my name to the audio interface)
-d hw:L12,0 (reference to the physical ALSA device)
-r 48000 (Sample rate - same as primary device)
-p 512 (frames - should be half of primary audio interface)
-n 4 (periods)
-c 14 & (number of channels)

Start jack and then mixbus. In mixbus you now see this routing grids:

This should be it.

Thank you I will try it

Could you explain why this
"-p 512 (frames - should be half of primary audio interface)"

Thank you again
(02-08-2019, 04:48 AM)durutti Wrote: Could you explain why this
"-p 512 (frames - should be half of primary audio interface)"

Thank you again

This is because the zita-a2j guide saying: "Minimum delay is obtained by running the alsa device at a lower period size than Jack. This can be done safely as the alsa thread will run at a higher priority, and apart from copying to/from an internal buffer no work is done there." It's also mentioned in some setup articles if I'm remembering correct.

:-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
This is a windows limitation and not a mixbus limitation. I once had 2 Digi 002R that I wanted to use and even attempted ASIO4ALL as the solution, but it is not possible in Windows