Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW: Harrison AVA Multiband Compressor
I'm an owner of XT-MC plugin and I've just both AVA MC.

Got a installer download link and license in my e-mail.
Copied license in user folder, as always, and run Harrison-AVA-Setup.exe.
I've left selected all plugins, AAX/VST3/VST (both 32bit and 64bit) and proceeded with the installation but after it finished and I opened Mixbus v5.1 I can't seem to find AVA MC plugin.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Harrison-AVA-Setup.exe, this time selecting only VST 64bit and VST3 64bit but still nothing.

How this works?
Preferences / Plugins / Scan for Plugins
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Lightbulb 
I've done that, several times without any results.

The problem was that AVA plugins are being installed in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins

And Preferences / Plugins / VST screen under 'Windows VST Path' contained only one path:

C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Plugins\VST

And I don't even have Plugins dir in Documents.

I had to add manually correct path and then rescan for VST plugins.

Shouldn't Mixbus have 'C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins' path in 'Windows VST Path' list by default and ease deployment of Harrison's plugins on their own DAW?
If you search for the plugins from a Mac Pro ... that's the right way as Magick says:

Open Mixbus 32c 5.1
Preferences (Top left)
Accessories
Scan add-ons ... wait and finish
Open the mixer in Mixbus 32c 5.1
Search and open the add-ons as usual. And all the add-ons that are on your computer ... appear correctly on your site ... all ;-),
great plug in, i have a buy today with purchase offer and promotion code received via email Smile

gennaro
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html
Once again, I express my gratitude for the unparalleled technical service of the Harrison consoles ... they do not rest until they have solved their situation and their doubts.

It's good to have a great product ... yes ... but if you also get an excellent technical service with the purchase ... I'm more relaxed, because I know they will work to provide the best help ... and I think it's very important . .. receive etc.

Mr. Harrison Consolas ... I send you my best wishes and encourage you to continue working and offering applications and complements as good as those that are delivered ... but I would like to ask you NOT to make any changes with the People / Professionals that have his customer service department and technician ... for me a 10.

I am very happy to be a client of the Harrison consoles ;-),

José Sánchez
Wow, thanks José !
(01-22-2019, 01:42 PM)Klaus Wrote: I'm missing a separate 'per band volume'
taming a band needs most of the time re-leveling IMHO...
and separate 'per band volume' ADSR...
Maybe we get a MKII soon ?

That's why i still use waves C6, not for the sound, but for features. I Like the comp. but it fails short in options.
Software: Mixbus 5, Mixbus 32C 3, Waves and Harrisson plugins. Cubase 10 Pro.
Hardware: APB Dynasonics Pro desk 4, Allen heath Ice 16, Mindprint envoice, Mindprint T comp.
Laptop Model: Asus GL 5522VW i7 6700 HQ CPU @ 2.6, 16 GB ram, 64 bit Windows 10, GeForce GTX 960M
Hi everyone, today I've found something weird pattern with 2 AVA pkugins (De-Esser and Multiband Compressor)
I just own the Spectral Compressor, but Ive encounter that if I load for example the Multiband Comoressor and try to set it up, besides I can see the RTA the sound is not changing. If I turn ir off and load waves C4 (without touching any levels) I can hear the compressor working.
And this was today and thats why Im writing this, because in another mix that I was working a month ago I tried to use the Ava De Esser and besides the setup of the plugin I though that was deessing "just a touch" but later in the mix when I tried to apoly more deessing to the vocals its sounded to me that nothing was being changed by the plugin.
Instantly I loaded waves DeEsser and again started to really hear the plugin.
In that case I didnt pay so much attention because I needed to move forward.

The thing is that Im really trying to get into the Ecosystem the most possible because Im always teying to work with what I already have. And to say some examples, the "a-xxx" plugs and the XT plugs works fine!!
So what can be wrong with the AVA line in my system?
Im on Mixbus 32c latest version.
Thanks everyone!
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!