Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus doesn't find a load of my plugins
Uninstalling and reinstalling will mean doing that to Sonar in its entirety which isn't something I'm prepared to do with it being a legacy program... I also don't have access to any other version of Windows. All PCs I have access to are Windows 10.

I will try Mixbus 4 though when I'm back at my PC as I do have that installed.
I feel your struggle, keep your head above water.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Do you have the plugin scan timeout set to maximum ?
The waves plugins can take a long time.
Probably not related but.... I'm on mac and MB only recognises VST format,
not VST3
(10-07-2018, 04:33 AM)simonzc Wrote: Do you have the plugin scan timeout set to maximum ?
The waves plugins can take a long time.

It finds them and puts them on the ignore list. It seems daft you can't override this.

(10-07-2018, 04:42 AM)wango Wrote: Probably not related but.... I'm on mac and MB only recognises VST format,
not VST3

They're standard VST and by all accounts should be fully compatible with Mixbus. I think I'll need to email support and see if they can suggest anything. If not, I'll just stop trying to use Mixbus as despite the lofty claims by Harrison, it's looking like a severely flawed product to me at this point.

I'm very glad at this point I didn't take the bait of the sale price on the all plugins bundle.
I hope support can fix things up for you, I am only using 64 bit plugins but waves, slate, soundtoys, SSL, sonnox, and Reaper all working fine for me in both 32c and regular mixbus. (On Win10).
I did have trouble getting waves working (back with MB3), ended up copying the waveshell .dll to every possible plugin folder, to the point where I had no idea what finally got it working Huh
Now I find most of them go unused once you have a DAW that sounds good from the start Big Grin
Hi brother, in those days I also "ctrl c ctrl v" the dammed waveshell all over the milky way to get it workSmile
Now it is enough to clear cache....
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(10-07-2018, 09:26 AM)simonzc Wrote: I hope support can fix things up for you, I am only using 64 bit plugins but waves, slate, soundtoys, SSL, sonnox, and Reaper all working fine for me in both 32c and regular mixbus. (On Win10).
I did have trouble getting waves working (back with MB3), ended up copying the waveshell .dll to every possible plugin folder, to the point where I had no idea what finally got it working Huh
Now I find most of them go unused once you have a DAW that sounds good from the start Big Grin

I hope they can too. I don't like the a-delay at all, and no amount of fiddling with parameters has found me a reverb on GVerb that comes close to what Sonitus give me.

I'm just mystified that Mixbus puts these plugins on the ignore list with no option to override it.
Waves gave me that message about being unable to get Windows Info....it was a matter of needing to change the permissions in the ProgramFiles(x86)/Waves folder to ensure a normal user has “modify” on that folder and its subfolder/contents. No matter where you put the WaveShell, the 64bit still points back to the legacy folder structure for some resources or something.
Well, I'm an idiot. Turns out my plugins are DX, not VST (I found this out thanks to Reaper's plugins menu when I was doing various tests). The documentation I had said they were VST, but seems they were distributed in both VST2 and DX format, and the version of SONAR I bought had the DX versions bundled.

That answers my queries at least. Apparently, there's a wrapper plugin I can use which may get them to work in Mixbus, so I'll give that a go and see how well it works.