Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus doesn't find a load of my plugins
I've built up a reasonable collection of plugins I like to use for various things. However, they don't come up in my plugin manager, even though the directory they are installed to is definitely included in my VST paths.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Or is it simply Mixbus isn't compatible with a number of plugins? These aren't ones tied to another DAW.
Hi there,

This has ben a common issue and there are several things you can try. I had hoped this was no longer happening in 5, but it's been happening to me in 3 and 4, but it's an easy fix. I assume the plugins are compatible. If you are using 64bit MIxbus only 64bit plugins will work, VST3 won't work (as far as I know) etc.

The first thing you can try is to flush your cache from mixbus. Go to EDIT -- PREFERENCES -- PLUGINS -- VST and hit clear cache and clear blacklist. Then try reloading. Try this a couple of times if it doesn't work with restarts.

If that does not work you can try opening/creating a session in a different bitrate and clear cache/reload plugins. This worked well for me in v3.
Have you done a scan for plugins ?
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...c/plug-ins
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(10-06-2018, 04:46 AM)Overmann Wrote: Try this a couple of times if it doesn't work with restarts.

Reminds me of old American cars. Would run all right. But needs to be started each morning a couple of times. Or an old diesel tractor when working on a farm.

Goes to show, software is indeed modeling the physical world. Dodgy
Well that explains it. I'm using 64 bit, but I believe the ones not showing up are 32 bit.

Makes me wonder why other DAWs can use both?
Which MB do you use? Have you used these plugs in another daw and worked? Now MB is more friendly with plugs it threw on blacklist in earlier versions. Some new, though may be considered "black" by MB.

Can you name some because if we have and works in ours it is not an MB problem.
You may ask Harrison for a 32 bit MB version then you will see what the problem is, if any.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I'm using Mixbus 5 (not the 32c version).

The ones I've noticed I can't use are Sonitus reverb (bundled with Sonar, but not locked to it), the REplugs collection downloaded from the Cockos website and the Kjaerhaus classic series.

I'm using Mixbus v5 (not the 32c version).

The main ones which come to mind are the Sonitus Reverb (bundled with Sonar but not locked to it), the REplugs from Cockos and the Kjaerhaus Classic series.

These all work in 64 bit versions of Sonar/Cakewalk and Reaper.
(10-06-2018, 05:53 AM)kevmsmith81 Wrote: I'm using Mixbus 5 (not the 32c version).

The ones I've noticed I can't use are Sonitus reverb (bundled with Sonar, but not locked to it), the REplugs collection downloaded from the Cockos website and the Kjaerhaus classic series.

I'm using Mixbus v5 (not the 32c version).

The main ones which come to mind are the Sonitus Reverb (bundled with Sonar but not locked to it), the REplugs from Cockos and the Kjaerhaus Classic series.

These all work in 64 bit versions of Sonar/Cakewalk and Reaper.

Kjaerhus has 64 bit? I have sonitus pack but only 32 bit, works in MB32bit fine
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
No the Kjaerhaus ones are all 32 bit, which is probably why my Mixbus isn't finding them!
I have used 32bit version of Mixbuses for years since 2.0 because did not want to lose my 32 bit plugs. No difference from 64 bit only in tall tales, not even bets can hear the differenceSmile in practice nothing you can detect. Just some months ago I changed for 64 bit MB just for fun and experiment, and lost 30 pluginsSad but in the meantime collected the 64 bit versions of other makes to replace them. There are some I still miss. A great pro friend of mine still uses 32bit 32C. Sounds fine.
Send a mail to Harrison for 32 bit exe and you can go on with your goto plugs.