Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legacy Q not loading in Mixbus 5 Windows
Though dll are in /program files/steinberg/vstplugins and path is in the preference-vstpath, it does not appear in plug in list in Mixbus. Warum?
Have you scanned for new plugins ?
Preferences / Plugins / General / Scan for plugins...
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...c/plug-ins
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-08-2018, 05:01 PM)Dingo Wrote: Have you scanned for new plugins ?
Preferences / Plugins / General / Scan for plugins...
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...c/plug-ins

Yes. I see the AVA plugins being recognized but then they don't show up in plugin list.
Hi @extension41, what version of Windows are you running?
(09-10-2018, 11:09 AM)tony_at_harrison Wrote: Hi @extension41, what version of Windows are you running?

Sorry for the delayed response. Problem still exist. Windows 10
What does it say in Window->Log after you scan for plugins? You might try clicking "Preferences->Plugins->VST->Clear VST blacklist" and then re-scan.
I just got Mixbus 32c V5 with the AVA Legacy EQ and had the same problem. I solved it this way: Open Mixbus>click Edit>click Preferences>click VST>click Edit in the Windows VST Path>click Add>type this path C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins...I think I clicked OK then clicked Plugins>click Scan for Plugins ...your mileage may vary.
ASUS GL552VW || Win10 || i7 quadcore 2.6 GHz || 16GB RAM || Sound Devices USBPre 2 || Mixbus 32c 6.1
(11-06-2018, 08:02 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: What does it say in Window->Log after you scan for plugins? You might try clicking "Preferences->Plugins->VST->Clear VST blacklist" and then re-scan.

here is the tail of my log:

[INFO]: VST Blacklist: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Mixbus5\cache\vst64_blacklist.txt
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins\E-MU\ProteusVX.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\Analog Lab 3.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\Analog Lab.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\ARP 2600 V3.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\FA36_Full.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\FA36_Full2.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\MT-PowerDrumKit.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\Studio Devil\Amp Modeler Pro\Studio Devil AMP.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\Studio Devil\Virtual Bass Amp Pro\Studio Devil VBA Pro.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\VSampler3.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-DS_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-LegacyQ_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\iZiDrum.dll

BTW, that is the log output after clearing the blacklist.

There is also this:

[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-DS_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> Cannot get Windows VST information, plugin ignored.
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-LegacyQ_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)

Don't know why this isn't working for me. I have done multiple scans and blacklist clearings, include clearing the cache. I have also rerun the setup. Yet the same result: Cannot get Windows VST information, plugin ignored.

Help!!!!
With all due respect, please look to see if you have this folder C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins
ASUS GL552VW || Win10 || i7 quadcore 2.6 GHz || 16GB RAM || Sound Devices USBPre 2 || Mixbus 32c 6.1
(11-13-2018, 03:11 PM)Studiodawg Wrote: With all due respect, please look to see if you have this folder C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins

I have 'C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins' not 'C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins'. No space between VST and Plugins. Is that the distinction you are trying to alert me to?

Thanks, Mike