Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legacy Q not loading in Mixbus 5 Windows
Added 'VST Plugins' to Steinberg folder and move AVA files to it. Below is result of scan.

[INFO]: --- Windows VST plugins Scan: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins;C:\Program Files\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins;C:\Users\user\Documents\Plugins\VST
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins\Harrison_AVA-DS_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> Cannot get Windows VST information, plugin ignored.
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins\Harrison_AVA-LegacyQ_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins\Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Analog Lab 3.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "Analog Lab 3" was added).
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Analog Lab.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "Analog Lab" was added).
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\ARP 2600 V3.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "ARP 2600 V3" was added).
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\MT-PowerDrumKit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "MT-PowerDrumKit" was added).
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Studio Devil\Amp Modeler Pro\Studio Devil AMP.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "Amp Modeler Pro" was added).
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Studio Devil\Virtual Bass Amp Pro\Studio Devil VBA Pro.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "Virtual Bass Amp Pro" was added).
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "EZdrummer" was added).
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack\EZplayer.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "EZplayer" was added).
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\iZiDrum.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\iZotope iDrum.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: -> OK (VST Plugin "iZotope iDrum" was added).
[INFO]: --- Windows VST plugins Scan Done
[INFO]: VST Blacklist: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Mixbus5\cache\vst64_blacklist.txt
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins\Harrison_AVA-DS_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins\Harrison_AVA-LegacyQ_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins\Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\iZiDrum.dll
-----
Confusing, it looks like you have three very different VST locations:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins\
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\
C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-13-2018, 05:54 PM)Dingo Wrote: Confusing, it looks like you have three very different VST locations:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins\
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\
C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\

I usually have two. I can't remember which, but there are a couple or more plugins that install into the non-Steinberg path. One of the Steinberg paths was created to test based on reply to this thread.
Hi Mike, To answer your question, no...I didn't know about that space between VST and Plugins...I had trouble with AVA being recognized and when I added that folder path (which I had discovered actually contains the AVA Legacy dll file) Harrison Mixbus 32c found the AVA Legacy EQ. Good luck!
ASUS GL552VW || Win10 || i7 quadcore 2.6 GHz || 16GB RAM || Sound Devices USBPre 2 || Mixbus 32c 6.1
(11-15-2018, 11:41 AM)Studiodawg Wrote: Hi Mike, To answer your question, no...I didn't know about that space between VST and Plugins...I had trouble with AVA being recognized and when I added that folder path (which I had discovered actually contains the AVA Legacy dll file) Harrison Mixbus 32c found the AVA Legacy EQ. Good luck!

It's as if the plugins which are suppose to be 64 bit are being interpreted as 32 bit, which would be incompatible with my 64bit environment. Am I the only one having this problem?

Mike
Hello, can someone on the Mixbus team give a hint as to why I can't get the AVA plugins to work with my system when running Mixbus in Windows 10. What triggers the message " Cannot get Windows VST information, plugin ignored." indicate in the scheme of application errors? How do I fix what ever is triggering this error?

Mike
BUMP.
My old Windows 7 machine died so I picked up a new computer this week. I can't get LegacyQ to work.
Other threads suggested putting the plugins in new folders and rescanning, clearing blacklist, reinstalling Mixbus32c. I've done all of these and still the AVA plugins are blacklisted.

My computer and 32c version:
Lenovo Flex 6 14
processor: i5-8265U
RAM 8GB
Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.348

Mixbus 32C 5.2.191
(rev 5.2-191-g2ae750c)

LOG (after most recent reinstall of 32C AND AVA plugins, all in default directory, but behavior the same when DLLs are put in other folders):

[INFO]: --- Windows VST plugins Scan: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-DS_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-LegacyQ_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-MC_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[INFO]: --- Windows VST plugins Scan Done
[INFO]: VST Blacklist: C:\Users\novol\AppData\Local\Mixbus5\cache\vst64_blacklist.txt
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-DS_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-LegacyQ_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-MC_64bit.dll
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll

please HELP! I basically only bought the new machine to use Mixbus Confused
SOLVED IT. Check it out:
on win10 if you cant get the AVA plugins to show up, its probably because you don't have the Windows C++ Universal Redistributable.

Downloading the 2008 version listed here in this Answer post got the AVA's to show up.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...536f9a87d7

thanks to Mixbus Support for pointing me in the right direction.
(09-16-2019, 05:22 AM)novoline_3 Wrote: BUMP.
(09-17-2019, 11:52 AM)novoline_3 Wrote: SOLVED IT. Check it out:
on win10 if you cant get the AVA plugins to show up, its probably because you don't have the Windows C++ Universal Redistributable.

Downloading the 2008 version listed here in this Answer post got the AVA's to show up.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...536f9a87d7

thanks to Mixbus Support for pointing me in the right direction.
(09-16-2019, 05:22 AM)novoline_3 Wrote: BUMP.

I have the same problem with AVA plugins not loading. I've directed Mixbus 32c to the correct directory where the vts's are stored but they wont load up. I following the link above for the MS C++ thingy but when you follow the thread for downlaods from MS they are no longer available "Error 404".
I have 32c installed on another laptop where the AVA plugins are loading up fine but not on this brand new Win10 machine i bought few days ago specifically for running Mixbus (the other laptop is Win10 also). This is shoddy & not a good start for me using Mixbus . . .
I am having the same issue, but with plugins from Plugin Alliance. They are 64 bit, that I am trying to run on a 64 bit system (Windows 10). They are recognized and scanned, but not loaded.

This is the type of info I receive:

INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\SPL De-Verb Plus.dll - x64 (64-bit)

As much as I love Mixbus, the headaches dealing with plugins is almost unbearable.