Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V5 - a big thanks from a plugged-in member
(08-16-2018, 08:01 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Indeed. It's logical for me to support the development and ongoing support of a software i want to see around for a long time. I'm also an Ardour subscriber.

As I have asked with the first round of questions years ago, before I re-subscribed for several years, when giving money, it's nice to have some feedback from time to time. Something. What's planned. What's coming up. It would be called 'investor feedback' in other domains. But there's none. So I thought OK, and re-subscribed for several years. Then the 2nd round of questions came by, and this time around, it was not blind faith anymore. All plugins were sold for $29 (which I already got). Mixbus32C itself went on a dramatic sale (which I already got). There was no new plugin for a long time but worse, there was no feedback at all on what the development plans would be. Not necessarily a frozen road map, but SOME feedback, thoughts, etc... Nothing.

With Ardour, everyone knows what's going on in broad terms. There are reports, thoughts, etc.

Business logic. Not faith.
(08-16-2018, 09:32 AM)jonetsu Wrote: (which I already got)
Business logic. Not faith.

...and that's the difference between you and me: You always want "something back" - helping to keep the development going is not good enough.

I'm also donating to charities in order to keep them going - without getting something back. It just makes me feel good and helps others - that's enough for me.

MMM
(08-16-2018, 07:46 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: ...and that's the difference between you and me: You always want "something back" - helping to keep the development going is not good enough.

And with Ardour I get something back: feedback, road map, thoughts. And Paul's pretty good at that.

(08-16-2018, 07:46 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: I'm also donating to charities in order to keep them going - without getting something back. It just makes me feel good and helps others - that's enough for me.

Charities are the same. Feedback, road map, thoughts. This is normal. It's a duty. People want to know how their money is spent. How many charities have misused their donations ? Not saying here that Harrison does something bad. Although just like I said, there's no feedback, no thoughts, no nothing and then once in a while a plugin may pop up.
May. May not. And then two years and $200 later a 'free upgrade'. Again, no need for a set-in-stone road map. Feedback, thoughts, something. This is a competitive world. Innovations are driven by competition. That the plugin membership is now a closed circle also says something.