Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Learning Assembly on Windows & Linux (& OSX too)
(12-06-2018, 01:49 PM)jabney Wrote: As far as the rest of it, I trust that at some point others will join.

If that's what you're hoping, pick a better programming language! (there are very few people programming in assembly language any more...)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(12-07-2018, 05:29 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 01:49 PM)jabney Wrote: As far as the rest of it, I trust that at some point others will join.

If that's what you're hoping, pick a better programming language! (there are very few people programming in assembly language any more...)

That could be true - better languages may be needed. However the time to learn Python, for example, might be better used for other things. Things like learning "the" vs "the" for example. I'm starting with #000 "the" as in 'thuh' and #001 "the" as in 'thee' and learning as much as I need about them. If I can learn/teach about recognizing the 000 "the" by looking at it, then I should have an easier time recognizing 001 "the," etc.

Which clues to use? Well, what does the mouth do when when it shapes 'thuh?' The mouth has an easier time turning down than turning up. While 'thee' prefers turning up. That's a set of clues to help decide the 'final' printed word*. 99% accuracy would be great, but why? The purpose of my device is to help people to communicate with other people - it's OK to be wrong. In fact, I'll probably spend much of the time in methods displaying various 'answers' - varying fonts and placements perhaps.

I wish I had more help (as in any) but until then, I have one set of advantages: I know what it sounds like to hear 'word deafness' (AVA) and I find it very interesting to deal with it. So until I get some help, I'll keep trying by myself.

*Actually, displaying 000 "the" and displaying 001 "the" should be the same of course.