Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all
I am a SONAR refugee as well.
Byron Dickens.

Mixbus 7. CbB.  HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.
(12-09-2017, 07:17 PM)Byron Dickens Wrote: I am a SONAR refugee as well.

Welcome !

as a refugee do you need anything ? Blankets? shelter ?

Like Chregg i prefer the single malts : as well as single Daw s

Best advice is : do a full reset: forget what you used to do. Get a fresh eye !

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Wouldn't mind a few blankets myself, bloody freezing up these here parts, welcome Byron
Made in Scotland from single malt. BSc Hons Audio Engineering
We are having a bit of a cold snap here in SE Texas as well. Oh, well. It'll be warm again next week.
What OS are you using Chregg? Assuming you are using Windows and you are not too dependent on plugins, you might want to consider Linux. It has super low resources when compared to Windows (unless using KDE that is) and does perform quite nicely with MB. Professionally, I have to use Windows for many things, but I have not had a Windows computer in my house since 1992 (with the exception of VirtualBox), when I replace my 3 Amigas (seriously, no pun intended), Commodore Amigas, that is lol.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
Yeah I'm on Windows (and Mac), funnily enough was thinking about trying Linux with mixbus. Don't think there's any drivers for my interface for Linux, will have to look into that
(12-12-2017, 02:49 AM)Chregg Wrote: Yeah I'm on Windows (and Mac), funnily enough was thinking about trying Linux with mixbus. Don't think there's any drivers for my interface for Linux, will have to look into that

If you tell what interface you have, you might get an answer if it's function or not.

I now and then use my Zoom H6 as an interface and on windows you need a specific driver for it. On Linux I have no specific driver installed, but use whatever comes with Linux. When I use it - specifying in jack, 2 outputs and 6 inputs, and I'm ready to go.

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 24.04, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(12-12-2017, 02:49 AM)Chregg Wrote: Yeah I'm on Windows (and Mac), funnily enough was thinking about trying Linux with mixbus. Don't think there's any drivers for my interface for Linux, will have to look into that

Drivers ? that is windows thinking.
Check at the Alsa site if your card is supported.

Microsoft has delegated the development of drivers to the manufacturers of the hardware.
They will develop a drivers which connects the hardware to the operating system. ad a driver disk and it will work.
Almost.
Hardware developers have small software teams. The knowledge of the different iterations of the operating system is low. No manpower for extensive testing.
And a perfect opportunity to hide mistakes in the hardware in the driver.

With Linux the kernel development team integrates hardware in the kernel : the connection point for hardware. They follow industry standards, and they know the OS well.

Hardware corporations contribute data to facilitate the development of the interface. Those who do, are linux compatible. The interface is opensource. Those who do not, their hardware does not work.
Sometimes, when a product is uniq and in demand a team will reverse engineer the interface.
Some manufacturers will not supply data and make their own interface. Closed source. The Linux world is hesitant about this : because they cannot dully check the interface.

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Linux is a while off for me just now, happy with Mac and Windows at the moment, it an maudio fast track I have, and looks like there is support for it, will have a new interface by the time I get to Linux