Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Solved] Removing pre-installed unlicensed pugins
(07-10-2017, 09:10 AM)johne53 Wrote: I'm not sure that's true (not in Jack2 anyway). It only reports the average if all values are less than 95%. Otherwise, it reports the maximum value.

I am sure it it true for jackd2. See the discussion we had on jack-devel about it, Dec 2015.

The condition is a lot more complex than "display peak above 95%", Mixbus also only updates the display every second, so it's easy to miss.
(07-10-2017, 05:36 AM)English Guy Wrote: Thanks for that. A lot of my workflow uses the DAW synced to Hydrogen drum machine, unfortunately at the moment I cannot see a way to do that in Alsa (I am still trying I will post if I do!Big Grin)

Inter-application routing is precisely what JACK was designed for. If you do want to need that, then that's a very good reason to stay with JACK.
(07-10-2017, 12:29 PM)x42 Wrote: The condition is a lot more complex than "display peak above 95%", Mixbus also only updates the display every second, so it's easy to miss.

Yes, that was essentially the problem... jackd2 has a callback mechanism for informing the client immediately if an xrun occurs - but Mixbus wasn't implementing it. It was relying on values which only get updated once every second... Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!