Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIXBUS SOLO IDEA?
I would like to know what is the idea os solo/mute on the mixbuses

For me it is strange, for example I route the drums to mixbus 1, kick, snare, Hat, toms. I solo the mixbus 1 so I hear the drumkit I sent there. (no grouping)

Now, I want to tweak the kick and solo the kick track. BUT I hear the whole drumkit. I do not consider it logical.
The track solo or mute should work as solo/mute even if the track is a member of the sent tracks to a mixbus.

Is it intentional? if not, please reconsider it. .
Thanks
Tassy
Do you have your drum tracks grouped also? Because for me it works as expected. If I solo the kick track, that's all I hear.

In fact I love how Mixbus allows you to solo a buss. I can solo my reverbs and EQ to taste very easily.
(05-16-2017, 03:52 AM)Matt Wrote: Do you have your drum tracks grouped also? Because for me it works as expected. If I solo the kick track, that's all I hear.

In fact I love how Mixbus allows you to solo a buss. I can solo my reverbs and EQ to taste very easily.

They are not grouped.
https://vimeo.com/217700162

Yes I love it too how to solo mixbuses,, reverb and all buses as you say.... but soloing the tack (if sent to a bus) does not work for me in MB4 on win7

The same thing works in MB2.5, but interesting it needs some time to forget what sounded before. I remember I wrote something to harrison 3-4 years ago that something soloing like that depended on the order whether I so lo the bus first and then the track or the track first. so there was something fishy even then but was not fully solved.
Oh. I see what you're doing. You need to turn on "excl solo". I use the monitor section. There's a button on there to turn it on. Did a quick look and didn't see the option in the menu bar. But sure it's there somewhere. Once you've done that solo should work like you expect.
All tracks visible in the session are implicitly soloed: they have a green outline.

Solo follows up/downstream. if a track feeds a bus and that bus is soloed. That implies soloing the track (otherwise you'd not hear anything).. Also vice versa. I suggest to use the "reset solo" button (top middle in the toolbar) and start over.
Wow I really, really, really loved the new solo method. It takes time to get used to but Oh man I loved it. Shift is my buddy here.
Thanks your help, but loving or not, exclusive or not, mixbus solo works as logical and expected in MB2 but fails in MB4.
https://vimeo.com/217720925

I do not know why something fine is always changed nowadays for some downgrade in all industries, period.
And I am sure Harrison do not need bodygurads to save what is wrong.
Oh I got what you are talking about. Yes a fix would have been great. As long as it doesn't break anything.
Wow, it always hurts my eyes to see Mixbus2.

Mixbus4 with defaults works exactly the same here as that MB2.5 video of yours. The solo logic hasn't changed at all. It's still the same as in Mixbus.2.5. Only a couple of new options for monitoring have been added: Non-exclusive Solo, AFL, PFL. etc for monitoring.

In your original video of MB4 there are a lot of implicitly active solos, those are not present in the v2.5 demonstration. So of course it's different.
if you reproduce the same implicit up/downstream solos in 2.5 it'll be identical to Mixbus4.
Oh yes it works. I have never solo a bus and went back to channel to solo in my workflow. I simply creat a group if tracks are similar. like Drum group, bass, guitar, keys, vocal. and it makes this solo thing a breath. All you need is like I said is a Shift.