Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mastering in Mixbus
Thank-you, that's really helpful! Checking the signal flow chart was a big eye opener! usuallyprefer the ceiling a bit higher because for alternative rock I want maximum loudness even if that means a little breakup in mp3s.
I was a mastering engineer before coming to Harrison. I often had clients requesting -10 to -8 RMS for CD masters.

I still master some artist work from time-to-time. One thing I've noticed...since the rise of Spotify and auto-level, artists have been requesting masters that are punchy and clear...with no mention of loudness. On Spotify, the loudest tracks sound suuuuper weak in comparison to full, dynamic masters. My masters typically peak around -14 RMS during the loudest parts.

Hopefully this is an on-going trend.
Thanks Ben to confirm my thoughts that the RMS values you mentioned is a fine trend to keep.
Tassy
That's great to hear Tim. where I live, People watch you like something is wrong with your audio when it is not as loud as those who they consider to be the music industry leaders.
But I will continue to follow the K-14 Standard.
Thanks,
Jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
up untill now i have been using studio one pro for mastering my own tracks(hard DnB)

how is you guys process in mastering say a ep of multiple tracks

do you go 1 at a time or??
K14 metering in Mixbus is very useful for myself as I now use EBU R128 standards.
PC/Win7x64