Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C V4 scalable upgrade prices will lose customers.
(05-02-2017, 05:52 AM)Ivanoff Wrote: I don't want to talk about the price of Harrison's products, just have to say that in France some customers find that the announced price is not the real one because of the VAT. (20%) and you know it just when you have to pay. Having said, I don't find it's a lot of money. I just say it's surprising. Maybe that Harrison must say ; price without VAT (H.T.)

France charges a tax on products you buy in another country ? How do they do that ? Everyone has to report what they buy online ?
(05-01-2017, 05:35 PM)mixpan81 Wrote: "They don't have to discount their DAW's but they do." Well, apparently they don't. Not if they charge you retrospectively for them!

I'm sorry, but even if you add the $99 for the discounted original purchase and the $129 for the new upgrade you're still paying $71 less than the full purchase price of 32c-V4. So, remind me again how you aren't getting a discount, and how you're being charged retrospectively?

Also, you'll probably have received a discount offer for MB V4 at $39 which is another $50 discount if you want to take it.

I only ever heard of MixBus when it was on special earlier this year and, having done a little research, bought 32c-V3 for $89 (I think?) based on friends opinions of the software. I didn't really get much chance to play with it at all, but bought MB V4 for $39 last week and have mixed four tracks with it which convinced me that even if I only got a 30% discount off 32c-V4 I'd be buying it. As it is I'm getting approximately 57% discount off the list price... what's not to like?

Yes, I wish I got the same offer as someone who's been using for a while, but them's the breaks!!

Personally, I'm just happy with all the updates to the new versions (we've already had a free upgrade to MB V4!). The only downside to all this is that I now want a FaderPort 8... There goes my discount Tongue
It's not the price. It's the principe...we have in Belgium 21% Taxes. Is it better to publish a price included taxes. Difficult because every country has different taxes. And so we can go on....close this issue...
Be Quiet Pure Base 600 - Intel i9 13900K - 64 GB DDR4 - NVIDEA GeForce RTX3060 Ti 8GB Gaming OC - SSD 1 TB 7000 mbps - FLstudio 21 - Studio One 6 Pro - Mixbus 9,2 32C - Tascam US2400 - Focusrite Clarett +8pre - Adam studio monitors - Windows 11 Pro
(05-02-2017, 08:14 AM)Rikver Wrote: It's not the price. It's the principe...we have in Belgium 21% Taxes. Is it better to publish a price included taxes. Difficult because every country has different taxes. And so we can go on....close this issue...

Nope, I don't see it. There are more than 150 countries in the world. Every online site, American or otherwise, should display a price for each of the 150+ countries after studying their respective sales tax laws ? And then the American online business should send the tax income to the respective revenu agencies of each country ?

(05-02-2017, 07:40 AM)spkr4thdd Wrote: Personally, I'm just happy with all the updates to the new versions (we've already had a free upgrade to MB V4!). The only downside to all this is that I now want a FaderPort 8... There goes my discount Tongue

Yeah, this is silly. Same here, I want one. I hope the left/right side of the brain will persuade not to go for it. Dodgy
Wait a minute people pay tax online? They are truly generous man. When I see tax online I connect my VPN act like I'm in the US and game over.
And then the American online business should send the tax income to the respective revenu agencies of each country ?
They should do......

As I said just tell that price is without VAT, then everyone can apply his VAT : simple.

The VPN solution seems to be good too!!
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
(05-02-2017, 09:26 AM)Ivanoff Wrote: And then the American online business should send the tax income to the respective revenu agencies of each country ?
They should do......

As I said just tell that price is without VAT, then everyone can apply his VAT : simple.

The VPN solution seems to be good too!!

Excuse my ignorance, what is VPN?
(05-01-2017, 03:09 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: I hope you'll consider upgrading anyway. Mixbus32C is our premier product, so the upgrade price is more than regular Mixbus. But we still think it's a great value for all of the features that you get.

Best Regards,
-Ben

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the situation summed up accurately and politely. You can dislike the variable upgrade policy if you want, but the really important question in the end is: 'Is it worth what you're paying for it?' My answer to that question is an immediate 'yes'.

The more you support Harrison, the less you pay for upgrades. Fair enough. Infrequent buyers pay more, infrequently. Fair enough.

But is the program worth what they're charging you for it? That's the important question. BHB put it all in perspective - anyone can own the program for the price of a plugin. The program is spectacular. Simple.
(05-02-2017, 10:33 AM)wango Wrote: Excuse my ignorance, what is VPN?

A new feature in Mixbus Big Grin
(05-02-2017, 11:38 AM)jonetsu Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 10:33 AM)wango Wrote: Excuse my ignorance, what is VPN?

A new feature in Mixbus Big Grin

Polite applause.