Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: 32C V4 scalable upgrade prices will lose customers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Disclaimer: I am Plugged-In Member so this is not a personal rant. This is in defense of my SONAR brothers & sisters.

Shame on Harrison for setting upgrade prices based on what you paid for 32C V3.

I just saw at least two users claim they will not upgrade based on this policy.

Just a suggestion: Quickly rethink this policy and make immediate corrections.
(05-01-2017, 01:25 PM)bapu Wrote: [ -> ]Disclaimer: I am Plugged-In Member so this is not a personal rant. This is in defense of my SONAR brothers & sisters.

Can't understand why it's wrong to do this for the most supportive customers. The Plugged-In membership is supposed to give advantages, that is exactly what's happening here.
I don't see what the frustration all about. Just today for a single reverb I have paid 150 bucks. If you must know, it is the new Seventh Heaven From liquidsoncis. The reason I have mentioned that if I have bought yesterday what I would have paid was 190 bucks. Luckily I was not in the hurry since I had a trial time and ended up buying it 150. For a single Reverb 150 just to make my self and client happy. It looks to me Harrison have put a lot of work in this release. Oh my goodness, I felt like I'm on another DAW. I swear to the universe I was about to cry. Smile was on my face the whole time. It looks gorgeous well done. my workflow has speed up more than double. I really don't have a complain other than no unique plugin this time round. I was kind of expected pitch correction related. Still I'm soooo happy this version will make anybody happy. I usually put in my mind 120 USD upgrade price that might be the reason.
(05-01-2017, 01:25 PM)bapu Wrote: [ -> ]Disclaimer: I am Plugged-In Member so this is not a personal rant. This is in defense of my SONAR brothers & sisters.

I won't upgrade as well. This is 10% the upgrade I get in 3 months in REAPER and FOR F**ing FREE. I got an "offer" today for 129$. Time to get off this train I think!
(05-01-2017, 01:52 PM)Jostein Wrote: [ -> ]

Can't understand why it's wrong to do this for the most supportive customers. The Plugged-In membership is supposed to give advantages, that is exactly what's happening here.

NOTE: Edited for clarity

I'm NOT talking about the pricing for Plugged-IN Members vs. "regular" members.

People who bought 32C for $99US (on the recent sale) have to pay $129US to upgrade to V4. People who paid more ($149 intro or $299 full) get it for $79. Of course Plugged-In Members may have paid less.

To my knowledge now other DAW manufacturer does that. Once you own their product, the upgrade price is the same whether you purchased it on day one or the last month before a new release. Of course some offer a free upgrade if you purchase during the last month or so. I have seen that.
(05-01-2017, 01:52 PM)Jostein Wrote: [ -> ]

First: Tbh I have no idea what the plugged-in membership is, but I can now assume. Plugged-in membership or not, priviledges for some custommers should not entail problems for everybody else! When buying Harrison v.3 as an offer, I thought it was in offer! Now it turns out, they would find the way to take the money an other way!
This update policy is very weird, I own v.3 since February only. Now I am supposed to pay 130$ more for features that most DAWs already have anyway!??
Jesus Christ, man....
I only registered to this forum, because I wanted to see what others think about this unbelievable policy!
Hi mixbpan81, Thanks for your comments!

We anticipated that this would be unpopular for some of our customers who paid $99.

Nevertheless, we wanted to show our regular customers that we value their investment, and that we provided them a lower-cost upgrade path to keep things somewhat even.

I hope you'll consider upgrading anyway. Mixbus32C is our premier product, so the upgrade price is more than regular Mixbus. But we still think it's a great value for all of the features that you get.

Best Regards,
-Ben

P.S. some intervening comments were deleted for "bickering".
(05-01-2017, 02:33 PM)bapu Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2017, 01:52 PM)Jostein Wrote: [ -> ]Can't understand why it's wrong to do this for the most supportive customers. The Plugged-In membership is supposed to give advantages, that is exactly what's happening here.

I'm NOT talking about the pricing for Plugged-IN Members vs. "regular" members.

People who bought 32C for $99US have to pay $129US to upgrade to V4. People who paid more ($149 intro or $299 full) get it for $79.

Well, I guess that the policy as described above is unusual and may make some people angry. Personally, I do not mind and it seem to me that everybody pays approx the same for the product when it comes to the end.
(05-01-2017, 03:03 PM)jonetsu Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2017, 02:59 PM)mixpan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Where did I deny that? I 've already said it myself!!

Still there ? You replied within approx. 90 seconds. You will not buy it and you're hyper on the forum. Wow. Mohawk haircut ?

I am one who bought Mixbus32C v3 for $99 a few weeks ago.

I got an offer to upgrade to Mixbus32c for $129.

My first thought is how long do I wait until Mixbus32c goes on sale again?

Then I remember that the list price on Mixbus32c is $299.

So, I am thankful I was able to get it for $99 to begin with.
Considering what Avid charge, I think Harrison's pricing model is very fair. They don't have to discount their DAW's but they do. At the end of the day, anyone who paid the sales prices will have all paid the same amount in total to upgrade to 32c version 4.

Harrison truly think about their customers and I applaud them for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7