Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MB4 Hotfix
It is the fastest and greatest ever update in MB history, it took into consideration our practical wishes, thanks a lot.
Tassy

one question:
All keyboard settings from the previous MB4 work only Alt+M, I had for toggling between mixer/edit views, disappeared and do not find it in the keyboard setting lists either.
What is its name and where to find if want to set a hotkey for it?
thanks
Tassy
Where do I find this at?
(03-16-2017, 02:03 PM)Tassy Wrote: It is the fastest and greatest ever update in MB history, it took into consideration our practical wishes, thanks a lot.
Tassy

one question:
All keyboard settings from the previous MB4 work only Alt+M, I had for toggling between mixer/edit views, disappeared and do not find it in the keyboard setting lists either.
What is its name and where to find if want to set a hotkey for it?
thanks
Tassy

so where's the update p[lease...?
Hi Tassy,

Thanks for the nice comments!

Regarding the "toggle mix/edit" command:

If you reset the keybindings to "default" you should find that "Window->Show Mixer" and "Window->Show Editor" both have the shortcut Alt+M ( Ctrl+M on Mac ). So it should continue to work just like in the past: Alt+M should toggle views between the editor and mixer.

The Keybindings setup has some new rules.

Some keybindings ( like transport controls ) are GLOBAL and will work from anywhere
Some keybindings are dedicated to editing functions and only work in the editor.
Some keybindings are for mixing, and only work in the mixing window. etc.

The reason for this is fairly simple: if "m" was already used in the editor, then it was preventing us from doing something useful in the mixer window. So now there are different keybindings per-window.

In the past, Alt+M was a "global" command. But now it's actually 2 commands: In the Mixer window, it does a "show editor". And in the editor window, it calls "show mixer".

Best,
-Ben
@clintmartin, @shadowfax: the updates are being sent via email. Plugged-In members are at the top of the email list, so they got it first.
Ahhh. Got it.
@Ben. The links in the email for the 32bit Linux version is a duplicate of the 64bit version.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
@Lexridge: Oops, thanks for bringing that to our attention. Write our support email to get the correct link ( or just change "x86_64" to "x86" in the link )
(03-16-2017, 02:24 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hi Tassy,

Thanks for the nice comments!

Regarding the "toggle mix/edit" command:

If you reset the keybindings to "default" you should find that "Window->Show Mixer" and "Window->Show Editor" both have the shortcut Alt+M ( Ctrl+M on Mac ). So it should continue to work just like in the past: Alt+M should toggle views between the editor and mixer.

The Keybindings setup has some new rules.

Some keybindings ( like transport controls ) are GLOBAL and will work from anywhere
Some keybindings are dedicated to editing functions and only work in the editor.
Some keybindings are for mixing, and only work in the mixing window. etc.

The reason for this is fairly simple: if "m" was already used in the editor, then it was preventing us from doing something useful in the mixer window. So now there are different keybindings per-window.

In the past, Alt+M was a "global" command. But now it's actually 2 commands: In the Mixer window, it does a "show editor". And in the editor window, it calls "show mixer".

Best,
-Ben

Thanks Ben, I thought there must have been some trick to update my knowledge.
very nice ! impressive !
Harrison Mixbus 4.3|Reaper5|Waveform8| Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS