Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I did the 32C trial and..
Mostly used Waves SSL channel shows the values in number and they are not ashamed of it even lot of them have GrammiesSmile Use your ears is a phase, but only partly true. a lot time can be saved if there is another parameter showing where to start using my earsSmile or want to do the cut and boost on different instruments exactly at the same Hz, etc.
so manage to put the option back, please
IMO
A lot of mixers who are using analogue gear also have Grammies and the buttons positions show approximately the settings! :-) I have nothing against the idea of having the parameters settings showed some places, I'm just advocating the ears and the freedom from the parameter slavery in mixing :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Even the use case I brought up is not mandatory as it's possible to use the channel strip in edit view to tweak the 32C EQ as it was done in mix view, although I did not do thatbut use the edit view automation slider instead. So it all can be played by ear.

As mentioned there might be a concern for recalling precisely some EQ settings. But then, if there's an option to save 32C EQ settings as recallable parameters, then one would not even need to know what are the actual numbers, but rather, what is the name of the EQ parameter settings that they were saved under.

Music, it's all about being in the 'ear and now'.
I'll just wait and see if the new version of 32C has this or not, and then either upgrade or not.
I have a work flow I like, and that I'm used to. I don't see a reason to go to far out of my way.
I'm happily using MB4 and my other two daws.