Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TouchOSC Support in v4
I'm interested in this!

Have there been any new developments in the tech or control surface implementation since the last update here?

Thanks,
Oscar
(04-09-2017, 07:37 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: An open-source developer, Len Ovens, has dramatically improved the support for OSC: it can now report the track arming, fader, pans and other values to an OSC controller. However his changes have invalidated the old messages that my TouchOSC layout used.

I'm working on a new TouchOSC layout that takes advantage of those new features. So far I've only changed the basic transport controls.

If you have your own layout based on the TTC-1, you can fix "most" of the actions by removing the /ardour/pushbutton from the front of each osc action. Although a couple of the actions ("set loop/punch/session range from selection" ) need some further tweaks in Mixbus before they will work again.

Here's my work-in-progress, but more changes are coming.

Dear Ben. Did you or anyone make that iPhone format?
Anything new for Mixbus 32c V5 ?
Hey BEN and/or anyone else,

Touch OSC is NOT working with Mixbus 32C Version 6 using TTC-2 correct?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Better yet, what is the state of play with Touch OSC and Mixbus 32C v6?

Is there a main thread, searched and didn't find anything official.

Thanks guys!
I installed TouchOSC on an old Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 that was laying around. It's working, here's the steps I did:

1. Installed TouchOSC Bridge  on the PC running Mixbux 32C.
2. Installed TouchOSC Editor on the PC running Mixbux 32C. 
3. Downloaded the TTC-2 zip file Ben posted in this thread.
4. Opened UDP port 3819 in the Windows Firewall (not sure I had to do that). 
5. Went into Preferences>Control Surfaces and clicked checkbox to enable OSC
6. Restarted Mixbus

I haven't found a button that didn't work yet but I'm still learning how to work with it. I've only had Mixbus for a week and have mostly been laying down entire tracks. I had a punch in to do and it was very easy using the TTC-2 layout. In fact I don't know how to do it  yet with the mouse  Shy

The controls from the TouchOSC were very responsive. It looks like it will be a good solution for controlling recording while playing instruments.
I'd like to make a second page for TTC-2. I'd like to use it sort of like a single fader controller where I next, next, next to get to the 4th track. Once I'm in that track these buttons: 

1. Toggle Editor / Mixer
2. Next Track 
2. Prev Track
3. Toggle Arm Track
4. Toggel Monitor Input
5. Toggel Monitor Playback
6. Toggel Track Mute
7. Toggle Track Solo
8. Track Fader

I could add in trim and compressor buttons but I just want to keep it simple. I'm surprised no one hasn't already done this. I'm not the quickest coder but I can slog my way through something like this. 

Any tips that might steer me clear of trouble or help me get started would be very appreciated.
I went back to add a track to a project and cannot for the life of me get OSC connected. Hexler sent me a link for a handy OSC test utility called Protokol and when Bridge is running on the PC and TouchOSC is running on the tablet Protokol shows all commands are being sent correctly. It's like Mixbus OSC is checked but not really enabled. 

Any advice on this will be much appreciated. 

The NanoKontrol2 is working via Generic MIDI

[UPDATE] I watched Ben's OSC video and checked the OSC ports in the app on the tablet and Port (outgoing) and Port (incoming) were set to 8000 instead of 3819. I set both to 3819 and set the IP address at the top (Host) to my Mixbus computer and I'm back in business. Not sure why those ports and IP were no longer set correctly in the OSC app on the tablet