Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TouchOSC Support in v4
On the same machine (Win 10 with the Firewall disabled) I can get TouchOSC to work fine with 32C but I'm not getting anything to work with v4.

I'm using the default settings in v4.

I enabled all logging and didn't see any messages coming in.
I was able to reproduce this on a fresh AVLinux install.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Specs: i7-6700K // ASUS Z170-A // 32GB RAM // Radeon R7 240 // Win 10 Confused
Main Equipment: Zed R16 // Focusrite ISA Two // REDDI DI
I can confirm that on a Mac TouchOSC does not connect to Mixbus V4.

Also since the OSC settings in v4 are so completely different than in v3, the video and documentation are no longer helpful.

1. It is not clear whether to use Auto or Manual for ports, though the Ardour documentation implies that Manual is required for TouchOSC.

2. iOS will not allow me to have the same port for ingoing or outgoing like the video showed for the Android device.

3. And which port to set to 3819, and what to set the other port to, is not clear. (I tried to run through all the permutations with 3819, 8000, and 9000, but to no avail.)
Hi,
Same problem: mixbus does not react to incoming OSC messages.
With OSC activated (receiving on 3819), sending OSC messages (from MaxMSP, but same thing goes with TouchOSC at this stage) is not seen in Mixbus, even with debug option set to ALL.
The exact same OSC messages being sent to previous Mixbus v3 (also on port 3819) is working just fine.

I hope it's a simple bug within this first v4 (major) release.
I am looking forward to get this fixed as the new option to set manually OSC outgoing port is what I am really looking at with the v4.
I finally got around to playing with this some more. I verified I am now receiving the OSC messages but they are not affecting Mixbus at all. These are the messages being received in the log window:

[INFO]: OSC @ osc.udp://DNR-LT-1:3819/
[INFO]: Unhandled OSC message: /ardour/pushbutton/rec_enable_toggle f:1
[INFO]: Unhandled OSC message: /ardour/pushbutton/rec_enable_toggle f:0
[INFO]: Unhandled OSC message: /ardour/pushbutton/mark_out f:1

I tried all the buttons in the Harrison Mixbus TTC-1 layout and they all have the same kind of message.

I've included a screenshot of a Wireshark log of the osc packet if that helps:

[Image: uZWwK0X.png]
Specs: i7-6700K // ASUS Z170-A // 32GB RAM // Radeon R7 240 // Win 10 Confused
Main Equipment: Zed R16 // Focusrite ISA Two // REDDI DI
(03-03-2017, 12:28 AM)andydnr Wrote: On the same machine (Win 10 with the Firewall disabled) I can get TouchOSC to work fine with 32C but I'm not getting anything to work with v4.

I'm using the default settings in v4.

I enabled all logging and didn't see any messages coming in.

There is anew layout for v4 TTC-2 ask Ben to send you the link
An open-source developer, Len Ovens, has dramatically improved the support for OSC: it can now report the track arming, fader, pans and other values to an OSC controller. However his changes have invalidated the old messages that my TouchOSC layout used.

I'm working on a new TouchOSC layout that takes advantage of those new features. So far I've only changed the basic transport controls.

If you have your own layout based on the TTC-1, you can fix "most" of the actions by removing the /ardour/pushbutton from the front of each osc action. Although a couple of the actions ("set loop/punch/session range from selection" ) need some further tweaks in Mixbus before they will work again.

Here's my work-in-progress, but more changes are coming.

Attached Files
.zip   Mixbus TTC-2.touchosc.zip (Size: 4.22 KB / Downloads: 232)
Hi, I am on a mac pro, 32c v4 and OSC touch does not recognize 32c v4...the connection window in 32c tells me that a connection has been made, the 32c
template shows up on the ipad, but none of the commands ( button on the ipad )

any ideas would be appreciated...

thanks,

ed
is it still to early to ask for a complete list of OSC commands for Mixbus v.4? I would like to adapt my Lemur template to v.4, and of course expand it with the new commands.
Mixbus32c, Mackie Onyx 1640, Neumann km1, WA 47 jr..MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, UA, etc., iPad2/4/Pro
v4.1 will include some major additions/improvements to OSC. It is nearing completion; we are mostly testing and polishing some changes to the VCA faders.

If you want to follow along with development, you can always look at the source code in git:
https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/tree/ma...rfaces/osc

Also, the main OSC developer, Len Ovens, has started a separate folder to house some OSC controllers ( currently 2 different TouchOSC presets, but I think more are coming )
https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/tree/master/osc

...I should add my TCC1 preset there. I'll do it later today. Thanks for the reminder.

-Ben