Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Screen advice please..
Hi, the screen I bought is 1920x1080 and everything looks awesome..clear as day...couldn't find a 32inch screen at 1200 and did not want to pay the extra for a 4K...
for me a 1920x1080 does the job fine..although I do agree of course a 1200 would be better..(if you can find one)
I'm happy!!

best, Kevin
(12-26-2016, 02:32 PM)shadowfax Wrote: Hi, the screen I bought is 1920x1080 and everything looks awesome..clear as day..
I'm happy!!

It won't get better than that, your happiness is the one and only thing that matter, congrats! :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
cheers mate...
Anyone has experience with a 24" 4k screen? is it really getting all to small to use? I m looking for a new screen, but I also want a bit of color accuracy for video work, and looked into a DELL P2415Q 61cm (24") for that.. having the same kind of quality in 30" is still getting pretty expensive (for me..)
(01-11-2017, 05:42 AM)calimerox Wrote: Anyone has experience with a 24" 4k screen? is it really getting all to small to use? I m looking for a new screen, but I also want a bit of color accuracy for video work, and looked into a DELL P2415Q 61cm (24") for that.. having the same kind of quality in 30" is still getting pretty expensive (for me..)

I think if used at native resolution it will be very tiny
In europe i saw 28 inch screen at 400 euro

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
yeah , I see the problem... only thing is if it should be at least an ips screen with some color accuracy, the difference between 24 and 28" (for example in case of the Dell mentioned)is something like 200-300€.. but that s always the problem when you want to do one investment and it needs to work for aaalll the applications Wink
(01-11-2017, 12:56 PM)calimerox Wrote: yeah , I see the problem... only thing is if it should be at least an ips screen with some color accuracy, the difference between 24 and 28" (for example in case of the Dell mentioned)is something like 200-300€.. but that s always the problem when you want to do one investment and it needs to work for aaalll the applications Wink
I would scan some tests : the Dell you mentioned is 465 here : and 28" versions start at 399

There are only few suppliers of the screen material : is worthwhile to check brands which have a more commodity labeling

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
oh really, the cheapest 27" I can find on the interwebs is around 650€ in europe (Dell P2715Q), looks like they re priced different in the u.s. ..
I have this one and paid approx 430 € for it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Monitors/Phil...B00UEMEZW8

Perfect size and mouse movement effort to size ratio for me. I use the GPU wich is embedded in the Intel 4790 CPU. That is more than good enough for me because I don't play games (except for mahjong, chess and other slow stuff once or twice in a year).
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
@ Jostein wow 32" is a huge screen, I ll look into that Wink although i m pretty happy with my two screen setup till now, having the mixer on the left and the editor on the right is the perfect setup for me. Or for video editing having the editor on one screen and the video fullscreen on the other, it is also handy to have everything on one monitor for sure...