Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Screen advice please..
My Dell 30" 2560x1600 is wonderful for my tastes.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Ended up with a 32 inch LG ISP screen...the MB mixer looks awesome on it and everything is easy to see...

cheers Guys..
(12-23-2016, 02:42 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: I was thinking to get 40" 1920 x 1080 Sumsung TV since I can't get the monitor where I live.

1080 will just do no good, not enough to show details. Items will bw bugger, but no more space for plugs etc... I had a Samsung 34" monitor with this resolution and took it back to store the next day.
Tassy
Thank you so much Tassy. I will get the 4K then.

I was just doing research I will get it next year oh its a week after. With in 15 days
You are welcome. First I also thought the physical size would help but then I learned that it is the pixel number that has to be higher, now I know why Harrison says in system requirement for 32C: "Minimum 1200 pixel height for full resolution..."
and I may add: The more than 1200, the betterSmile
(12-23-2016, 02:42 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: I was thinking to get 40" 1920 x 1080 Sumsung TV since I can't get the monitor where I live.

I have on it a mixer, the size as real-big!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here's my 30" 2560x1600
[Image: MixerSmaller_zpsaf05dcjv.jpg]
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
(12-25-2016, 02:53 PM)bapu Wrote: Here's my 30" 2560x1600
[Image: MixerSmaller_zpsaf05dcjv.jpg]

And a great room for seeing the inserted plugins.
Yes Tassy. I'm very happy with my video monitor. The only thing that would be better is another one.Tongue
My Studio Specs

Habari gani

You will see less on that one than on my 17¨ 1920x1200 screen
Just huge pixels : and that is not what you want : you want more channels in the edit screen,
and more channels on the mix screen.

It is only good if your screen is far away..

1080 screens are common: because people assume(d) you want to see movies. But hey, we have a TV for that.

In your case i would go for the MMM Trick : Put the screen(s) vertical. for sure the screen which has the editor. And if your video card can handle it go for super MMM : Three vertical screens
One edit : one Mixer : third plugins.. Or Mixer on two vertical screens.

I have two screens active : Both 1920 x 1200: left edit : right Mixer
I never put Mixbus in full screen : and i pull it wider than the monitor : Edit covering two screens : and more : and with alt i move the window left and right to see the missing part.

I align the edit screen to the top: and monitor to the bottom : so i can switch with a click of a mouse to dual screen edit or dual screen monitor.

But if you want to see more : do not increase the size: increase the amount of pixels

regards

Kwa heri

(12-25-2016, 11:55 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: Thank you so much Tassy. I will get the 4K then.

I was just doing research I will get it next year oh its a week after. With in 15 days

I was late in response had to do some Xmas stuff : Tassy was / is right

4K screens are ideal

MMM warned that the 28 ¨ the pixels might be too small
I have not checked that out..
Take a look at that first: I have two friends who use them: but not at mixbus.

I saw one screenshot of a 4K screen with mixbus: but i think they used a lower resolution..

In Europe 4K 28¨ screen going price is now 399 euro

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1