Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
u-he plugins crash mixbus 3.7
(11-08-2016, 04:09 PM)micksedan Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 06:34 AM)Overmann Wrote: A couple of days ago I managed to get my machine up in a twist and I'll be without a Linux-machine for a while, sadly. Sad
Hope you get going soon. It is good luck to create
a separate /home partition, so you can choose not to reformat it
when a new install is needed, saves some time setting up
various prefs, keeping a .wine install, .webrowser folders, data etc

The 3.6 demo is on the avlinux bootable dvd, if you get the itch.

Qtractor is very reliable with the commercial linux plugins.
I think Rui has the inside track when it comes to proper linux vst scanning.
Cheers

Thank you for the tips, but you'll be happy to hear that it was hardware-related. Tongue The keyboard fell out.. Yes, I know.. I have no idea how it came loose in the first place.. It was supposed to be a good laptop. I somhow find myself longing for the 80s and 90s. My Commodore 128 and Amiga-mahines still work fine, but my 2 year old laptops keyboard just came lose. :/
(11-08-2016, 04:43 PM)Phil999 Wrote: And I realized I'm in the wrong forum, I have no Linux installed at the moment.

Welcome to the Linux world ! It does not hurt Wink

I see you are wind player like me : although i am on the WX5

On the analogue synth field i see you have a Formant. In my mind that was a synth which came to existence by the magazine Elektuur.

Is that the one ? I never came to build it.
I did analogue synth long time ago. P{rogrammad on Moog modular and ARP ,
Got myself an huge analogue computer : added an audio amp and speakers.

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(11-08-2016, 04:09 PM)micksedan Wrote: I think Rui has the inside track when it comes to proper linux vst scanning.

Qtractor's VST handlings is pretty much identical to Ardour/Mixbus. If you experience a difference, that's mostly psychological Smile
(11-08-2016, 06:34 AM)Overmann Wrote: I was using all of u-he's linux betas. None of them worked (perhaps I did not test Diva. I am unsure. I think I tested them all). Ace absolutely did not work, and the uhbik plugins caused crashes as well.

Diva is the only one I have a license for. Demo versions of other u-he betas work as reliably on 2 systems that I've tested: Zebra, Zebralette, Podolski, Presswerk and ACE, too. This is a 64bit system running 64bit VSTs.

Would you mind emailing to Harrison support and ask for a debug version of Mixbus? It'd be great if we can get to the bottom of this.

I've met Alexandre Bique (the one doing linux ports for u-he) the other day and he now access to builds for testing as well. So we should be able to get a handle on things quickly if needed.
(11-09-2016, 09:13 AM)x42 Wrote: I've met Alexandre Bique (the one doing linux ports for u-he) the other day and he now access to builds for testing as well. So we should be able to get a handle on things quickly if needed.

I'm very grateful that you talk to each other.

I't quite frustrating as an Harrison and u-he customer to have the feeling of falling between two empty chairs when it comes to this Linux Mixbus/u-he issues.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(11-09-2016, 08:51 AM)x42 Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 04:09 PM)micksedan Wrote: I think Rui has the inside track when it comes to proper linux vst scanning.

Qtractor's VST handlings is pretty much identical to Ardour/Mixbus. If you experience a difference, that's mostly psychological Smile
Perhaps the handling, but not the empirical results.
In 3.7, only two U-he instruments are scanned into the instrument menu,
Zebra2 and Repro-1, which work normally.
In Qtractor, they ALL appear, and work normally. In a standard Mint 17 64bit install.

And empirically worse, in 3.7, when the missing instruments are
are discovered in, and loaded from the Creator/Category lists,
the audio output connections in ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive,
Filterscape VA, Podolski, TripleCheese, and TyrellN6 are MIA,
but work in 3.6 and Qtractor.

Psychological??? Are you coding from Colorado? Wink
hmm that is weird, Mixbus 3.7 Debian/testing 64bit they just show up. Clearly there must be some difference, somewhere. Is there anything in Menu > Window > Log ? Can you launch Mixbus from a terminal? any pertinent messages there?

(11-09-2016, 01:59 PM)x42 Wrote: hmm that is weird, Mixbus 3.7 Debian/testing 64bit they just show up. Clearly there must be some difference, somewhere. Is there anything in Menu > Window > Log ? Can you launch Mixbus from a terminal? any pertinent messages there?
sent terminal output to the support email.
I'll check the menu log in a little while.
edit: manually cleared the cache, renamed /usr/lib/lxvst
and in.vst have only u-he plugins.
Loaded session with Hive and Zebra2, no audio out connector
from Hive, but it's virtual keyboard and demo crackle both
send sound, and Zebra2 works normally, as mentioned.

log text....
[WARNING]: Ignoring LV2 plugin "ZynReverb" because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied.
[WARNING]: Ignoring LV2 plugin "KlangFalter" because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied.
[WARNING]: Ignoring LV2 plugin "Vex" because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied.
[INFO]: Loaded mixer bindings from /opt/Mixbus-3.7.20/etc/mixer.bindings
[INFO]: Loading bindings from /opt/Mixbus-3.7.20/etc/mnemonic-us.bindings
Loading menus from /opt/Mixbus-3.7.20/etc/ardour.menus
[INFO]: Loading 88 MIDI patches from /opt/Mixbus-3.7.20/share/patchfiles
[INFO]: Loading history from /home/me/37-test-none/37-test-none.history
[INFO]: 37-test-none: no history file "/home/me/37-test-none/37-test-none.history" for this session.
[WARNING]: /home/me/.vst/u-he/Hive.64.so: is a VST >= 2.4 - this plugin may or may not function correctly with this version of Ardour.
[WARNING]: /home/me/.vst/u-he/Zebra2.64.so: is a VST >= 2.4 - this plugin may or may not function correctly with this version of Ardour.

Cheers
(11-09-2016, 08:50 PM)micksedan Wrote: sent terminal output to the support email.

Thanks, got it.

I don't see anything like that output from Diva over here. Granted it does spew out some messages but not nearly a 10th of what you're seeing and no "Possible Error in Diva!" message, either. Hard to say what's going on there right now. I'll keep you posted.