Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higher resolution and better-looking waveforms.
I'm just curious if there's an effort in the Ardour-end or Harrison-side, to improve the waveform quality? The current look in Ardour/Mixbus is rather dated and definitely detracts from the editing standpoint.
Bumping this, as I'm on 6 and wondering if there's anything new in 7 regarding this. My *only* complaint with MB is the wish for better quality graphics; looking at UAD's LUNA and feeling envious lol
Maybe post an image of the kinda thing you'd prefer...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Photo 
(04-11-2021, 08:52 AM)johne53 Wrote: Maybe post an image of the kinda thing you'd prefer...

Just in terms of the graphics resolution, the Luna mixer is very impressive.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-18-2021, 03:26 PM)atlasrecrd Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 08:52 AM)johne53 Wrote: Maybe post an image of the kinda thing you'd prefer...

Just in terms of the graphics resolution, the Luna mixer is very impressive.

well, that's metering, so i'm a bit confused. You did not show the actual waveform. Do you refer to the peak/mixer metering or you mean the waveform in the editor? 
Thanks
If talking waveforms, then I imagine Pro Tools would be the gold standard for graphics when working with those.

I posted the shot of the Luna mixer because as Mixbus is likely in the mixer window a great deal of time, that would be something to aim for.
I'm told that these waveforms are from Pro Tools 12 - though I'm struggling to see what's so special about them  Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-20-2021, 02:10 AM)johne53 Wrote: I'm told that these waveforms are from Pro Tools 12 - though I'm struggling to see what's so special about them  Huh

That pic isn't really going to tell you much. The differences show themselves when zooming in.

Like the title of thread says, it's about higher resolution.
(04-20-2021, 02:19 AM)atlasrecrd Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 02:10 AM)johne53 Wrote: I'm told that these waveforms are from Pro Tools 12 - though I'm struggling to see what's so special about them  Huh

That pic isn't really going to tell you much. The differences show themselves when zooming in.

Like the title of thread says, it's about higher resolution.

Then, could you, please have mercy on us and post some pics that gives a clear vision of what the title of thread is supposed to say?
Bexause at this point of you revelation "In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni" Wink
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407 and 7.1.92 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Manjaro or LibraZik3 on Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22 and 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR
Had a look at some of the Luna videos / pac shots and cannot see what is so much better about the waveforms.
The Luna waveforms seem to be roughly the same as Protools and Mixbus.
The fader strip looks like a Neve BCM console and a Pro Control fader cap.
I prefer having the Dynamics on the fader strip along with metering.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5