Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higher resolution and better-looking waveforms.
Mixbus mixer layout design is the best in the DAW world because it's more ergonomic and fast and intuitive.

And I really appreciate very thin meters on the channel strips, never saw such thin meters in other DAWs or even plugins.
I honestly don't understand why designers-developers make such a very obvious thing as meters wide and big, it's a distracting jumping mess before the eyes making zero sense being wide. Big and wide should be knobs, caps, faders...anything you grab your mouse to regularly.

A great example is Mixbus`s big and almost square fader caps which are convenient to grab by the cursor as well as big Solo and Mute buttons. Such simple concepts are totally out of control in other DAWs.

Mixbus solution is the best for me.

Big disappointment though are Eq, Send "buttons". Those are not buttons but a joke, thin strips you can hardly hit with a mouse. I strongly believe they need to be big and square/rectangular like Solo/Mute. Hear me, Ben!
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
I have spent hours and hours for many years on Mixbus(32C) editing waveforms and can't say I have missed anything in that regard, and certainly nothing now. I have a two-dimensional look at the tracks and do never have problems cutting or selecting what I want. Judging from the screenshots, I can't say that I see something that's superior to me.

But of course, people have different preferences, which of course is OK. It would be a quite boring world without it.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox