Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Problem
(08-22-2016, 10:32 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: My quest continues!.

Oh I tried typing the "ps aux | grep jackbus" & it gave me loads of numbers & things in the terminal that I don't know how to interpret?.

What mortenulysses means is that a jack instance is already running. If I remember correctly that's the case in AVLinux.

typing
ps aux | grep -i jack
reveals everything which is running and contains the word jack.

ps lists all processes, the output is filtered (for the string "jack") through grep, the parameter -i means it doesn't care about lower/upper case.

Can you please open a big enough terminal, run the ps command and post a screenshot? I (or someone else) will show you then which command to run with which parameters and how you find them in the ps listing.

It will be possible to include a kill command into your qjackctl which runs before qjackctl attempts to start Jack.

Cheers,
MMM

P.S.: I'm sure there's a graphic tool for that... never bothered.
(08-22-2016, 10:32 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: Well I tried starting Jack with every config possible & it always starts on 48k, So something is overriding it? Angry
My card has multiple sample rates up to 196 although it's easy to select those on windows as I can get the Patchmix facia to show which I don't think is possible in Linux??Undecided

If you configure the sample rate in Windows, does it persist across reboots?

If so it's probably worth a quick test setting it to 44.1k in Windows then rebooting into Linux. If you only get 44.1K then (like you only get 48k now) then it would narrow it down to the soundcard driver rather than any issue with jack.

Also worth checking is stopping jack and then doing the ps aux | grep jackdbus and seeing if jack is really stopped. If not then the first number shown is the process_id and you can use:

kill -9 process_id

to force jackdbus to stop.
I came across a similar situation just last night...

There was -definitly- a "rogue" version of JACK running at the time.

On my system (AV Linux) I did the following:

- open up a standard terminal.
- "ps -ef | grep jack" (don't include the quotes)
- The result showed a JACK related process with a "auto" included in the option set.
- kill -9 processID (Kill the numerical ID of the above process.)
- restart Mixbus - problem should be gone.

Cheers!
Patrick