Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Problem
I'm trying out AVlinux & loving the experience so far, my problem is when I start up Mixbus I get the error message saying mixbus is running @ 4800Hz & the recording was done 44100Hz?
I've got jack set @ 44100 but still MB opens @ 48000 Blush
Huh Any ideas from anybody very welcome!Smile
W7 home Premiumx64,,,, AVlinux.
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin

(08-21-2016, 06:38 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: I'm trying out AVlinux & loving the experience so far, my problem is when I start up Mixbus I get the error message saying mixbus is running @ 4800Hz & the recording was done 44100Hz?
I've got jack set @ 44100 but still MB opens @ 48000 Blush
Huh Any ideas from anybody very welcome!Smile

Do you have your mixbus session set to 44.1?
Hi sriddle, Yes I set (audio setup) box on opening to 44.1 but I've got to select Jack then cos if I leave it on alsa MB disappears, so I think it's Jack that is doing it, but the setup in Jack is on 44.1 but when it opens it says MB is set to 48?
Maybe something else is happening to mess it up (I'm very new & inexperienced with Linux!)
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin

There are several ways to connect your sound card to Mixbus under AV Linux:

- start JACK separately with e.g. QjackCtl, then connect Mixbus to the already running JACK
- start and connect to JACK from inside Mixbus
- connect Mixbus directly to ALSA from inside Mixbus

Either way you have to specify the parameters (device, sampling rate, buffer size) which for proper playback and recording have to match the souncard and session data parameters. Can you confirm that none of the three approaches works in your case? Which interface do you use? Could you perhaps attach a couple of screenshots of your JACK settings and the error messages?
(08-22-2016, 01:17 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: Hi sriddle, Yes I set (audio setup) box on opening to 44.1 but I've got to select Jack then cos if I leave it on alsa MB disappears, so I think it's Jack that is doing it, but the setup in Jack is on 44.1 but when it opens it says MB is set to 48?
Maybe something else is happening to mess it up (I'm very new & inexperienced with Linux!)

sounds like there is an instance of Jack already running before MB starts
alternatively , your device may only accept a sample rate of 48k and jack is defaulting to that on startup..
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com 
Hi, This is Jack when open
[attachment=849] and the set up pics
[attachment=850] [attachment=851]
and if I select Alsa the sound is garbled [attachment=853]
& sometimes just crashes MB, so I have to select Jack, & then I get
[attachment=852]

I'm using an E-MU 1616PCi card.

Thanks, seems good so far. I think allank might be right and there is an instance of jack running in the background at 48 kHz, maybe autostarting with default settings after login.

You can check that by typing "ps aux | grep jackdbus" into a terminal after a fresh login. Stop the process by typing "jack_control exit" and try the previous command again to check if it worked. Then you should hopefully be able to use QjackCtl to start JACK with your preferred settings.

If this works, then something automatically starts JACK and you have to find out what and where and get rid of it. :-)
Your jack picture shows it running at 48000.

I've come across a similar problem before when I accidentally opened a 44.1k session while jack was already running at 48000. Even though I didn't save, it gave this error if I let Mixbus start jack next time I opened the session. The workaround was to configure jack and start it before starting Mixbus and the error in the session corrected itself. I don't know if that workaround stills works as the last comment from Ben when I reported it as a bug was:

"The newest versions of Mixbus (.67 and later) will -never- change the rate that was originally used to create the session. This might help you in the future but you might have to manually edit some session XML files to make sure they match the actual audio in the sessions, if there's been a disconnect in the past."

If you do need to edit the xml, just use a text editor and the sample-rate is on line 2.
Well I tried starting Jack with every config possible & it always starts on 48k, So something is overriding it? Angry
My card has multiple sample rates up to 196 although it's easy to select those on windows as I can get the Patchmix facia to show which I don't think is possible in Linux??Undecided
My quest continues!.

Oh I tried typing the "ps aux | grep jackbus" & it gave me loads of numbers & things in the terminal that I don't know how to interpret?.

(08-22-2016, 10:32 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: Well I tried starting Jack with every config possible & it always starts on 48k, So something is overriding it? Angry
My card has multiple sample rates up to 196 although it's easy to select those on windows as I can get the Patchmix facia to show which I don't think is possible in Linux??Undecided
My quest continues!.

Oh I tried typing the "ps aux | grep jackbus" & it gave me loads of numbers & things in the terminal that I don't know how to interpret?.

Are you booting AV Linux from hard disk or a virtual machine?