Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 32C On Old Laptop
This may have been asked before. Has any one tried Mixbus 32C on an old dual core laptop?
(06-08-2016, 02:11 PM)nik5 Wrote: This may have been asked before. Has any one tried Mixbus 32C on an old dual core laptop?

Yes !!

and i recorded the London Symphony Orchestra with it !
148 channels ( bad luck it was not a full Orchester)

It was a breeze

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(06-08-2016, 04:27 PM)Frank Wrote: [quote='nik5' pid='19130' dateline='1465413060']
This may have been asked before. Has any one tried Mixbus 32C on an old dual core laptop?

Yes !!

and i recorded the London Symphony Orchestra with it !
148 channels ( bad luck it was not a full Orchester)

It was a breeze

Do you know the specs of the laptop you used?
(06-09-2016, 10:54 AM)nik5 Wrote: Do you know the specs of the laptop you used?

I hope you understood that the former first part was a joke ..

On screen : depends on the screen size : vertical number of pixels

depending on what you want to do : you might need a AD/DA converter

But what would be your intention ? What do you want to do with it ? Record ? Compose? What is your experience ?
What Operating system do you intend to use ?
What are the specs of your laptop: processor speed : amount of memory

A good idea is do a trial yourself here you can download AVlinux : It has all you need for audio on a laptop. And even has Mixbus.
Follow the instructions, put the AVlinux on a stick, boot from the stick and see if you can work on the laptop.
If it runs OK : you can consider adding Mixbus 32C

Sorry we can not always that serious here

If you have questions : just ask...

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Oh, never mind. I will continue to use Mixbus 3.3. It has been working well for me and I have barely skimmed the surface of its capabilities thus far.
(06-09-2016, 01:00 PM)nik5 Wrote: Oh, never mind. I will continue to use Mixbus 3.3. It has been working well for me and I have barely skimmed the surface of its capabilities thus far.
Good idea

I use them in parallel: 3.3 for modern music : and 32C for acoustic music

Does not mean one cannot exchange them : but i was used to modern on 3.3

True it takes time to master each. I always wonder how people can use several daws at the same time. Always gives me the feeling that they do not have full control of either one.
have been / I am a live engineer, and one has to cope with many desks. But that is a different challenge

regards
Frank W. Kooistra