Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Mixbus 32C On Old Laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may have been asked before. Has any one tried Mixbus 32C on an old dual core laptop?
(06-08-2016, 02:11 PM)nik5 Wrote: [ -> ]This may have been asked before. Has any one tried Mixbus 32C on an old dual core laptop?

Yes !!

and i recorded the London Symphony Orchestra with it !
148 channels ( bad luck it was not a full Orchester)

It was a breeze

regards
(06-08-2016, 04:27 PM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ][quote='nik5' pid='19130' dateline='1465413060']
This may have been asked before. Has any one tried Mixbus 32C on an old dual core laptop?

Yes !!

and i recorded the London Symphony Orchestra with it !
148 channels ( bad luck it was not a full Orchester)

It was a breeze

Do you know the specs of the laptop you used?
(06-09-2016, 10:54 AM)nik5 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know the specs of the laptop you used?

I hope you understood that the former first part was a joke ..

On screen : depends on the screen size : vertical number of pixels

depending on what you want to do : you might need a AD/DA converter

But what would be your intention ? What do you want to do with it ? Record ? Compose? What is your experience ?
What Operating system do you intend to use ?
What are the specs of your laptop: processor speed : amount of memory

A good idea is do a trial yourself here you can download AVlinux : It has all you need for audio on a laptop. And even has Mixbus.
Follow the instructions, put the AVlinux on a stick, boot from the stick and see if you can work on the laptop.
If it runs OK : you can consider adding Mixbus 32C

Sorry we can not always that serious here

If you have questions : just ask...

Regards
Oh, never mind. I will continue to use Mixbus 3.3. It has been working well for me and I have barely skimmed the surface of its capabilities thus far.
(06-09-2016, 01:00 PM)nik5 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, never mind. I will continue to use Mixbus 3.3. It has been working well for me and I have barely skimmed the surface of its capabilities thus far.
Good idea

I use them in parallel: 3.3 for modern music : and 32C for acoustic music

Does not mean one cannot exchange them : but i was used to modern on 3.3

True it takes time to master each. I always wonder how people can use several daws at the same time. Always gives me the feeling that they do not have full control of either one.
have been / I am a live engineer, and one has to cope with many desks. But that is a different challenge

regards