Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GCC5 version of Mixbus 32C please...
(05-01-2016, 08:43 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: (edit: either the laptop or the desktop might not have 3.3.67 yet, so i can't make a statement about MB 3.3... would be interesting which graphix libs are in 32C. I need to verify, but not now... bed time for me in Australia)

http://cairographics.org/ (via XCB on Linux) - the same in Mixbus (not 32C). There's a switch in under preferences > GUI to disable acceleration and use software rendering instead and a an option to only do that for gradients (old buggy nvidia driver). But that will only affect Mixbus itself, mainly scrolling and zooming in the Editor and does not seem to be the issue here.

The plugins use OpenGL (v1.4 compatible, all the way back to 2002). Somehow OpenGL support in Linux seems to go backwards in recent years. Except for Intel Graphics cards which are pretty good for the 2D stuff used by Mixbus & friends.

Now it's time to go to be over here in Europe Smile
(05-01-2016, 08:41 PM)x42 Wrote: The plugins use OpenGL (v1.4 compatible, all the way back to 2002). Somehow OpenGL support in Linux seems to go backwards in recent years. Except for Intel Graphics cards which are pretty good for the 2D stuff used by Mixbus & friends.
Unfortunately... I will install Catalyst and swear a lot, but maybe that's the cure.
(05-01-2016, 08:41 PM)x42 Wrote: Now it's time to go to be over here in Europe Smile
Aren't time zones fun?

MMM
(05-01-2016, 10:00 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Unfortunately... I will install Catalyst and swear a lot, but maybe that's the cure.
(05-01-2016, 08:41 PM)x42 Wrote: Now it's time to go to be over here in Europe Smile
Aren't time zones fun?

MMM

Secretly exposing our obscure sleeping habits...
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
I use AVLinux 2016 and experienced already problems booting up a freshly installed system due to the nVidia card (in my case GTX 780ti). I installed an actual liquorix kernel / 4.4.01 and then i was able to use FullHD resolution with the nouveau driver.
I have no clue why it does not work under the RT kernel, IME only the proprietary drivers should make problems there, not the nouveau. On the other hand, with Mixbus3.2 i encountered no issues with plugin GUIs so far, but i admit, i don't use more than one plugin GUI at the time mostly...
With Mixbus 3.3 and 32C in Win8.1 also no problems with plugin GUIs whatsoever, incl. x42 ones, so most probably i have the luck to use good OpenGL drivers (not sure if they do use OpenGL hardware 2D acceleration thru the driver though, however, i obviously have no problem performancewise anyway).

Sent mail to Mixbus support for link to GCC5 build now. Unfortunately i had no email access to my forum and purchasing email account (no webmailer available) in the studio ... so i was a bit screwed when i wanted to install and work with it in AVLinux ... did not want to install a wrong version.

Idea for AVLinux users: Make your own fast live system USB3 stick with Mixbus and your license file using Systemback and let it run as a live system in your computer's RAM - beats an SSD performancewise. And you just need to mount a data drive to use it on whatever computer without local install of program or license (might come handy, e.g. if you want to use 'your' mixbus in other studios / portable). If you take a supported rack interface like the USB class compliant MOTU AVB series 1HU 19" ones with you, you can go sure you can use your familiar system everywhere ... very cool. Mixbus and AVLinux is a great combination.
Got the links to the GCC5 builds.
Comitted, timely and polite. Good support as always.
Thank you, Mixbus team!